So Snorre from Norway joined our bitchen club last year and has had some nice adventures on his XL 250. Now his bike is gone and I haven't had a chance to ride with him. I have offered to let him ride my TTR 250 so we can ride together. 

I was thinking of Otay fire roads either Thursday or Friday ( Thursday will be cooler),. If anyone else would like to join us, what day would be best? Might continue East a bit on 94, but will play that by ear. It will be a fun sight seeing tour to send Snorre off missing us, and our beautiful country!

Who's in?

image.jpeg

I may be in, either day...let us know details....just not too early please.

51 minutes ago, KTMrad said:

I may be in, either day...let us know details....just not too early please.

I was thinking 10ish. 

I'll wait to see if anyone else has a day preference. 

Love to have you come along Randy. 

I have had the privilege of taking him on two rides which he enjoyed.  `Let me know the details.  I would love to say good by to him.  We had a blast on both rides together. 

Thanks for the great initiative! I have really enjoyed being in San Diego, and would off course appreciate such a trip!

Thanks for the picture above, also. That was a fine evening in Escondido, with some great food and people.

And, as Dan mentioned, we had a couple of great trips around SD. One included Palomar Mountain. The other ride included Black Mountain. Plus much more. Really great!!

Maybe see some of you in Norway some time, also..

2 hours ago, danrider said:

I have had the privilege of taking him on two rides which he enjoyed.  `Let me know the details.  I would love to say good by to him.  We had a blast on both rides together. 

Can you make either Thusday or Friday Dan?

Is the 350 gone?

Can we try for Thursday so Adv Bum can make it ?

I will have to take off a little early to beat traffic on the way to Hooters North County since we want to make a showing at bike night !

2 hours ago, KTMrad said:

Can we try for Thursday so Adv Bum can make it ?

I will have to take off a little early to beat traffic on the way to Hooters North County since we want to make a showing at bike night !

As you wish!

Where and what time would you like to meet? We could rendezvous at my house if you'd like, or meet out by Pio Pico? 

Watch out for the grader and water truck was out there couple days ago and they were about half mile up from pio pico. Dirt was so nice after graded and wet

Yes! That was a great trip. Sunderland Dam and Black Mountain. And then a nice chat at Turkey Inn, Ramona, struggling to maintain fluid balance. ;-)

struggling to maintain fluid balance. ;-)b"

You fit right in around here! 

To bad you're leaving so soon. 

Here's the game plan, Snorre and I will leave my house around 10ish and head to Pio Pico on Otay Valley Rd. 

Leave PioPico  ( 10:30 ish. Just let me know if you're joining and will wait  ) and go to the towers on the top of the mountain. Go back to dog house and head East to Marron Valley Rd. No plans from there, maybe explore a little around that area, maybe head East on 94 and head out toward Tecate or campo? Maybe have some catfish, maybe maintain our fluid balances ( more than likely). 

Cheers

Hey guys if it would be better on FRI then do it. To late of a start and I now have to be back early for the Bike night. Sorry I cant make the send off. Good luck with new endeavors Snorre.

On 6/14/2016 at 7:11 PM, danrider said:

We had some really nice trips! Thanks a lot!

On 6/15/2016 at 1:30 PM, ADV Bum said:

Hey guys if it would be better on FRI then do it. To late of a start and I now have to be back early for the Bike night. Sorry I cant make the send off. Good luck with new endeavors Snorre.

Thank you very much! We had a great day, and Wierdrider has made a nice write-up yesterday, and today. Best wishes for you and SDAR for the future.

I could not go on the trip this past Thursday, so I invited the Norwegian up to my place and we road through the backroads up to Idyllwild.  It was a little bit of a steamy ride up to our destination.  The cloud cover came in on some parts or the ride and sprinkled some water on us here and there.  We stopped at the Lumber Mill and had a couple and a nice burger each.  It really was pleasant weather in Idyllwild, then on our way home we stopped at Stone Brew in Escondido and had some good Braley Pops.  I am going to take Snorre up on a visit to Norway and ride with him next year.  It was a pleasure to meet you Snorre and ride with you.

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0545-2.JPG

Thanks for the very nice Idyllwild / Escondido trip! A 10 minute video from when we left Idyllwild, is here:

And Jim, regarding eating with the finger: You are welcome to Norway, to teach me how.  ;-)

Thanks again, to you, who took me to two trips during this last week, and provided bikes and great company. Hope to see you again in the

not too distant future,and welcome to cross the atlantic..