Sign in to follow this  
Ken S

2016 Wr 450 versus Yzx 450.

New WR coming home. $600 rebate on the WR was the deciding factor. 

sweet luckily the wr has a brake light so you cant brake check me again 

New toy is home. Getting mods done to wake it up tomorrow after a 1 hour break in.

Very detuned to make it pass emissions. Only goes 60 around the driveway. Throttle mod and muffler soon to come.

good on you get er dialed in and up and up

Taking it to Thomas. A.K.A.  The Yamaha Doctor. 

Dayum! Very nice

well now. Head over to the WR forum at ThumperTalk. There is a nice thread there on how to derestrict your new WR. The competition ECU comes with a new throttle screw. Or you can just cut the existing screw or stop by your local Ace for a shorter one. Some guys are happy with the OE ECU and just uncorking the intake and exhaust (Air horn, throttle stop, and pea shooter removal). They say it even starts better with the stock ECU.

If you do get the comp ECU I have the GYTR Power Tuner and would be glad to let you borrow it if we can swap motos for a few minutes.

34 minutes ago, PastaPilot said:

Dayum! Very nice

well now. Head over to the WR forum at ThumperTalk. There is a nice thread there on how to derestrict your new WR. The competition ECU comes with a new throttle screw. Or you can just cut the existing screw or stop by your local Ace for a shorter one. Some guys are happy with the OE ECU and just uncorking the intake and exhaust (Air horn, throttle stop, and pea shooter removal). They say it even starts better with the stock ECU.

If you do get the comp ECU I have the GYTR Power Tuner and would be glad to let you borrow it if we can swap motos for a few minutes.

Thanks, Thomas is doing it right now. He's done hundreds and he's a WR rider.

15 hours ago, Ken S said:

Taking it to Thomas. A.K.A.  The Yamaha Doctor. 

good call Mr. E will get it dailed......Oh by now all thats done--report is needed. Say hello for me, havent seen him for a spell.

You'll probably love the stock suspension for McCain, but I gotta believe you'll need to stiffen it up for the Dez. 

What? 

You Bastard.

no more team yellow? Wtf

I heard Suzuki filed chapter 13 anyhow. Good time to get out.

good on ya.

please don't wad it up first time out.(unless I'm there with my camera.)

nice pic.

9 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

I heard Suzuki filed chapter 13 anyhow. 

Suzuki's automobiles USA went bankrupt. That had nothing to do with the motorcycle manufacturing. 

It's Alive.

Mods done.

Much more controllable power than the RMZ which had lots of punch but came on all at once.

Proper muffler to come in a few weeks.

Suspension is head over heals better the the RMZ was stock, but it was heavily modded by George and amazing. I'm sure the WR will be even better when George is done with it. Time to save up a few$$$.

I love the feel of the bike. Brakes are awesome. Much more stable - less twitchy than the RMZ and will be even better once the stabilizer is on.

Bar height a little low for my taste but the Scotts stabilizer mount with built in risers that I like will fix that.

Time to put it to the test chasing Texas Dualler and 1Kstep around Lark tomorrow.

Awesome.  Glad your excited about the purchase .

you work hard and deserve something nice

Blue is my new favorite color.

Springs on order.

Ken came by to show me his new bike. He is so excited, on the way he was stopping pedestrians to show total strangers his new blue bike.

While here he got out of his truck and just hung onto the bed of his truck looking longingly at the WR. Had a hard time getting his attention.

He jumps up onto the truck mounts his WR and makes Vroom Vroom noises really loud while doing a mock triple jump hanging over the bars. My wife was looking out the window and had a funny look on her face. My son Enzo was hiding in the trailer thinking there must be an adult in the passenger seat of the truck?

Hmmm.  Passion!  Gotta love it!

37 minutes ago, Suspenders said:

Ken came by to show me his new bike. He is so excited, on the way he was stopping pedestrians to show total strangers his new blue bike.

While here he got out of his truck and just hung onto the bed of his truck looking longingly at the WR. Had a hard time getting his attention.

He jumps up onto the truck mounts his WR and makes Vroom Vroom noises really loud while doing a mock triple jump hanging over the bars. My wife was looking out the window and had a funny look on her face. My son Enzo was hiding in the trailer thinking there must be an adult in the passenger seat of the truck?

Hmmm.  Passion!  Gotta love it!

Giorgio, springs (le Molle) only for now , no? Or? curious. Roberto

yes springs only. Good out of the box. Can be made better no doubt but if you do not push it you do not notice.

Bikes going to S101 today. 

FMF Q4 Exhaust ordered. 

GTR ECU ordered. 

Scotts under bar stabilizer mount ordered. 

Arizona plate as soon as I get a day to run to Yuma. 

6 hours ago, Ken S said:

FMF Q4 Exhaust ordered. 

GTR ECU ordered. 

??

11 hours ago, Ken S said:

FMF Q4 Exhaust ordered. 

GTR ECU ordered. 

Plated . Nice.