Please show up in force to let them know we all oppose this....if I was there, I'd be going.

Just email this in to trails@parks.ca.gov

The comment period closes at 5pm on Wednesday Jan.18

I poached comments from Randy's earlier comments, so feel free to copy any of this.

Section 4325 Title 14 Comments

Date: 01-13-2017

Dear Director Magnat, DPR,

I would like to comment as a Dualsport Motorcycle Club member of San Diego Adventure Riders, regarding the proposed rules to prohibit public use of all Natural and Cultural Preserves and Reserves.

I am appalled to see that the DPR's position is so far removed from the public's wishes to have reasonable access to our public lands.  I attended the previous public meeting on June 22, 2016 regarding Artical 14.  I was amazed that spokesmen for orginization like Sierra Club and the SDORC, who are normally advisories, all agree. The DPR being granted additional power to limit access or close public land more easily than ever, is not going to be accepted by the people.  

Off-road vehicle users often drive and/or hike to destinations and many times these are places that have interesting natural and cultural resources. All the people I know in the off-road community stay on the trails with their vehicles but many times we enjoy parking to hike and/or walk to see the sites, especially areas that have history and/or nice scenery. Many of these places are in or near these Natural and Cultural Preserves and Reserves. I have personally walked in areas in Anza Borrego Desert State Park that would be made off-limits if this proposed rule were to be enacted. We strongly feel that this proposed rule should not be enacted. There are already rules in place to protect sensitive areas. With this proposal, part of the joy of visiting these areas to see interesting sites would be taken away.

Please set this action aside and work on putting up signs that warn people not to disturb natural and cultural resources. Please do not enact this proposal so that the public may continue to visit and experience these areas. 

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Robert Graham