Sign in to follow this  
ktm-licious

2014 Husqvarna TC 250

3 hours ago, PastaPilot said:

If your transmission  is anything like my YZ, and I wager to guess it is, 13:50 will be your ideal. First gear ratio will always be too low and fifth too high. It's an MX bike, accept it. Going to 13:52 will lower the speed range of the  transmission requiring less clutch work in first but lowering 5th gear transfer section speeds to comfortably cruising at 40 mph. I cruise at 45. Any faster it is unbearable for me to sit on top of the engine while I drone along at, what 50, 55? 

I ride real low in the RPM as the bike is more manageable there but most trails are a constant shuffle between 1, 2 and 3. I rode ST in Oregon that had me in 5th for a while but that is a rarity, even third will only be for a few moments. 

Enjoy thenew bike. It will be a lot of fun.

Thanks, I feel like a little kid just waiting for the weekend. 

How's the bike treating you?   I have a 15 KTM 250sx that does great offroad.   Mostly desert so far, but I've got the itch to get back in the tight technical stuff.  One thing that I didn't see mentioned was the tuning of the power valve.   I was able to turn play with the adjustments and turn it from a fire breathing hard hitting death machine, into something way more manageable and easier to ride when I'm beat after 75+ miles of racing.  Same idea can be used for the trails. 

Ive ridden Plenty of MX bikes offroad for years, so I wasn't to worried....just use the clutch a bit more, and I also got a too good of a deal to pass up on mine.