robertaccio

Rekluse Core EXP 3.0

This has been at the top of mods done to my TE300, a real game changer. Phenomenal technology. I was very much a naysayer/hater of the auto  clutch scene---but my conversion is total. I have eaten my crow and drank the Rekluse spider Kool aid.  Cheap absolutely not $$$- worthy yes 100% yes.

https://rekluse.com/support/videos/atv-mc-support-videos/

Yup totally agree i got the basic rekluse exp 3.0 and love it saves me all the time on a hill climb or rock garden. Definitely one of best mods that why i put on my 950 also

Gonna ask some dumb questions 'cause I've been curious about these things. and know next to nuttin' about them. How does it save you? Is it just because it doesn't allow the bike to stall?

Does it make shifting faster / easier?

What is the advantage on say a rocky loose hill climb? Does it eliminate the need to slip the clutch? Does it do that automatically?

Please explain the advantage in a rock garden.

It looks like you can still slip the clutch if you need to. Is that true? If so, why do you need the auto Rekluse.

Just trying to understand the benefits / advantages. I've not really seen the advantages described in detail.

School me...why do I need to buy one?

Thanks guys!

My 350 always use to flame out when i was riding it in the rocky sections unless i grabbed the clutch fully, then lost all momentum now bike doesnt stall and just climbs. At corral i would be in 2nd gear then all of a sudden hit a rocky section or a hill climb now just climb it in 2nd and pulls threw. Also 1 section i got stuck and walked bike up and could barely walk myself was nice because i literally couldnt grab the clutch so with rekluse just slowly turned throttle and walked with the bike. 

Yes you do still have function of clutch if you keep it and i still use clutch when i stop and when shifting gear

Amgems I like to explain it visually with my hands and arms "Italian" style, but I will try to say it here.

Note The way I ride  is very conventional with clutch slip regardless of rekluse.

Con (but its idle set up) BTW my bike will still sometimes stall when I do something oddball,

Pro-but on the other hand- one Example 100s MC NHHA last Oct, ugly downhill my leg got caught on the bike and I fell over to my left downhill out of reach of my bike. The bike was virtually upside down, high centered on a big rock, in second gear and still running, I climbed back up to my bike righted it climbed on and kept going on down the trail, never touched the clutch.

Con-The way the auto clutch feeds power can be a little "mushy" (Pro)but that can be adjusted as you like.

Pro- This mushiness however is great in ugly sections because it softens the power to wheel giving traction at your very best manual clutch slipping level. It prevent the obstacle from screwing up your clutch control from banging around. 

Pro-On scary climbs when you get a little or a lot out of line, you can chop the throttle get straight and power back up to continue.

Pro- On advanced technique go overs ie tall log, big rocks (2+ft vert) the effect is very very good, manual clutch "pop" then just smooth gas the entire pop over becomes "soft" .  On one log I can think off before Rekluse the impact would jar me and my clutch action would suffer, made it always but sometimes a little out of sorts. With Rekluse the pop the hit then the soft power to the rear just smoothly powers the rear over, even if I stay in the gas too long (which is the up and over no-no because it drives the rear way up)

Pro- Long day on tough trails, just allow the Rekluse to handle some of the clutch work and go up a gear and keep a nice smooth groove trail pace. Saving and reducing fatigue or recovering.

Con-  It cut my gas mileage due to the slippage/HP robbing loads, (I am going back into work on that)

Pro- can be adjusted for rider preference. I am in line to re adjust/check my slave action for a more a more positive engagement at the best clutch lever position. If I cant get it there I may change the internal of the EXP unit which is fully adjustable for "hard" or "soft" engagement. I wanted to set it up OEM style and really get used to the thing first, now I think I want more "hit" on engagement.

Pro- The thing does not free wheel at all, and when/if you feel it back slip you can blip the gas to get the feel back in to your hands again.

Pro on downhills it seems to also prevent wheel hop due to its "softness"

Pro- Its like having a power to ground damper on both negative and positive torque.

1 hour ago, amgems said:

Gonna ask some dumb questions 'cause I've been curious about these things. and know next to nuttin' about them. How does it save you? Is it just because it doesn't allow the bike to stall?

Not just because it helps prevent stalling, but that's a good one.

Does it make shifting faster / easier?

No difference in shifting

What is the advantage on say a rocky loose hill climb? Does it eliminate the need to slip the clutch?

Yes, but you can still use your clutch too, you can "power up" with a shot of RPM

Does it do that automatically?

Yes

Please explain the advantage in a rock garden.

The soft dampened torque as it "slips" into full engagement, and the obstacles not upsetting your clutch control from banging around through stuff.

It looks like you can still slip the clutch if you need to. Is that true? If so, why do you need the auto Rekluse.

True Yes you can use your clutch normally- need a Rekluse no, like it and want it yes.

Just trying to understand the benefits / advantages. I've not really seen the advantages described in detail.

School me...why do I need to buy one?

Don't need to spend the $$ (it is a very expensive piece of kit at $800+) but after you try the thing and use it for a while to get used to it you will smile. Like I said I was real naysayer, I am really good with my clutch control. This thing just enhanced and raised my ride level.

Thanks guys!

PS what I really like to do is load up my rear with leg pressure while powering into the Rekluse engagement, it powers through/over trail obstacles very very well with a nice light front and full no slip rear.

Plus cornering you can come into a corner full rear wheel lock up and not stall the bike then just grab a handful of throttle and exit

1 hour ago, Bp619 said:

My 350 always use to flame out when i was riding it in the rocky sections unless i grabbed the clutch fully, then lost all momentum now bike doesnt stall and just climbs. At corral i would be in 2nd gear then all of a sudden hit a rocky section or a hill climb now just climb it in 2nd and pulls threw. Also 1 section i got stuck and walked bike up and could barely walk myself was nice because i literally couldnt grab the clutch so with rekluse just slowly turned throttle and walked with the bike. 

Agree with Bp. For sure  if you get stuck on A hill climb it helps if you are trying to walk it up you do not have to use the clutch.

Thanks for the detailed info ! I have not read any report that was negative. Everybody that buys 'em loves 'em.

I see Bp619 is using the exp 3.0. Are you other guys running the same?

Do you notice the increased clutch pull?

About $600 for the exp 3.0 and about $800 for the core exp 3.0

Is there any extra "$tuff" that you need to buy to make it work right, or is it good out of the box?

Good out of box i installed heavier springsbut was supplied. Clutch pull is heavier with the basic 3.0 but rarely use it especially in technical compared to before so isnt a bother

https://rekluse.com/product/core-exp-clutch-3-0-dds/

this what is in my TE300, it  has the adjustable slave cylinder with the kit along with the full clutch basket and pressure plate assembly.

I installed the kit set it up as instructed and it has never needed adjustment, but I think it needs it now, it seemed to have a little more slip going on the last hard loop Los Ancianos Tecate trail ride.

I went Z-Start Pro instead of EXP (I ride a decent amount of sand and didn't want to sacrifice any clutch plates) but have to say the Rekluse feels like cheating; it's that good. 

5 hours ago, amgems said:

Thanks for the detailed info ! I have not read any report that was negative. Everybody that buys 'em loves 'em.

I

I know people that didn't love them, and removed them... and not just me... other than that, I agree a lot of people love them

I run knobbies, use the clutch and eat vanilla ice cream. If it ain't broke I don't fix it.

Oh and I use my phone to talk to people 

CiD

37 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

I run knobbies, use the clutch and eat vanilla ice cream. If it ain't broke I don't fix it.

Oh and I use my phone to talk to people 

CiD

That's because you're a real man!

I rode a Rekluse equipped bike about 20 feet when I knew I wouldn't like it, I gave it back.  That bike's owner later admitted it was improperly set up. A few years later, I rode another bike for about 10 minutes and didn't like that one either. 

I ride a kickstart only bike so I may be skewed but any device that removes the ability to bumpstart your engine isn't worth anything. I've taken turns kicking over a dead battery bike that wouldn't cold start to save its life (Was a one kick bike when warm). Same goes with flooded bikes.

You can still bumpstart a bike with rekluse just have to turn slave cylinder adjuster out to disengage then after started turn back in takes 1 minute 

Yea, and I don't want a stop light on my helmet either!!  But seriously, If I Rode with Pasta all the time or did Extreme Enduro, definitely would need all the help I could get. Since my scene is the flowing scenic stuff, you get the picture.  Want to concentrate my budget on better graphics anyway, you know the important stuff.

Bags

PS,  Would totally like a small CVT Play Bike.

Looking good is priority 1.

I love how calm that bloke is------ "it can help if your struggling abit or just starting out"   

like I said before, it took some major arm turning to get me on this band wagon, because I do consider myself a manual clutch expert.  For me its not crutch its a supplement, that I pray will fit my next bike!!. but hell its silly expensive and fact is as the man says its not needed its only an 800 buck bonus item.

As for Jon's comment, me 2  the first and last one I used before this one on my bike was near the beginning tech of these on a YZ300F bling to the moon special, it was one of those free wheel feeling things when the bike stalled, so no bump start and his "factory" tuning............had the thing dead on the trail unable to kick start either.....what a POS moment.

finally got it kicked, was impossible to bump.....

as stated above the new stuff has progressed into very well engineered items, that you can disable by screwing out the slave stop screw. mine however has been bullet proof so far, I just ride it normally anyway for 99% of the time.

My suggestion learn to use your clutch properly first then decide if you want to add an auto feature to it, if you are someone who loops out or spins the crap out of your rear wheel on hills or obstacles you need to learn to use your manual clutch control first.

Next thing you know robert will be using LHRB

2 hours ago, robertaccio said:

My suggestion learn to use your clutch properly first then decide if you want to add an auto feature to it, if you are someone who loops out or spins the crap out of your rear wheel on hills or obstacles you need to learn to use your manual clutch control first.

Shoot,  now I have to wait! 

1 hour ago, REV5 said:

Next thing you know robert will be using LHRB

NEVER......

1 hour ago, robertaccio said:

NEVER......

Im thinking this is my next investment for my 350, 

I'd love to have one.  I heard they make one for the 650 Strom.  But that's probably 1/3 the current worth of my bike. haha.