robertaccio

Rekluse Core EXP 3.0

3 minutes ago, downs said:

I'd love to have one.  I heard they make one for the 650 Strom.  But that's probably 1/3 the current worth of my bike. haha.

i have one on my 950 super enduro i got a smoking deal on it barely used so that why i bought. it really saved me once on a solo trip to otay i took one of the side trails and forgot about a corner on the uphill and was very loose in 2nd gear bike didnt stall and kept pulling very smooth uphill. If i didnt have it on i probably would have stalled bike and dropped it since i couldnt put a foot down and would have been screwed on side of hill with a 450lb bike 

2 hours ago, robertaccio said:

NEVER......

Hey all the old guys are doing it. 

It's good for old dudes that can barely pull clutch lever in anymore.

or people with a muscular disability.

or people that wind the Shint out of there bike and dig holes (ken s).

bit if Kenny had one we wouldn't be able to pull start his 2014 RMZ 450 with a truck to start it in the mornings

3 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Im thinking this is my next investment for my 350, 

It is completely worth it.  Robert was a "never" on rekluse now what?  Never say never.  Just sayin.

Anyone looking into the LHRB I would recommend the Ox-Brake, google it.  Cable actuated off a lever extending rearward off the foot lever.  Half the price of Rekluse hydraulic LHRB and way easier to install and maintain.

The foot lever is still there but level of modulation you can apply using your hand is way above what your foot can do, plus you dont have to move or shift your weight to get your foot at the brake.  And did someone say right hand corner??

been using Ox-brake for over a year and no issues.

34 minutes ago, blakeNY9 said:

It is completely worth it.  Robert was a "never" on rekluse now what?  Never say never.  Just sayin.

Anyone looking into the LHRB I would recommend the Ox-Brake, google it.  Cable actuated off a lever extending rearward off the foot lever.  Half the price of Rekluse hydraulic LHRB and way easier to install and maintain.

The foot lever is still there but level of modulation you can apply using your hand is way above what your foot can do, plus you dont have to move or shift your weight to get your foot at the brake.  And did someone say right hand corner??

been using Ox-brake for over a year and no issues.

Did you buy the replacement switch says it's required or is there way to use o.e. bulky switch and save $50 

installed the core 3.0 EXP in last week and used it over the weekend.  Wow! I really liked it, I know I've heard both sides of the argument but for me I'm sold 100%.  The Ox Brake is another story: I've called and emailed them twice. The phone recorder answers but only says leave your message for the number you just called.  No return calls back and no reply to my emails, the company did not impress me so I ordered my brake from Rekluse & should have it here next week.

What's the actual problem with the ox brake mine works awesome super simple install.

I like the concept of the Ox Brake it's just that I wanted to talk to them first making sure before ordering they were still in business. No answer from them so I didn't feel comfortable ordering over the internet. Ox was my first choice but Rekluse got my business.

anybody have this setup on their DRZ400? i have had it for a year or so, but on my last trip out i killed the clutch lol. I am wondering if i am not riding it correctly, IE keep it at a higher RPM then normal to keep the holding power. 

evening paranoid56, a while back I was talking to the Rekluse guys and they informed me that for trail riding the dampers need replacing every 40 to 50 hours.  I trail ride, don't race but have fun. When I installed my exp 3.0 my bike only had 41 hours on it but the dampers had play in them and could cause the clutch to have problems so I replaced them, their cheap I think the 6 cost me $3.00.  How many hours on your bike since the clutch was installed?  By going to Rekluse's website and watching their video changing your dampers is easy and their cheap. I ride a 2014 KTM 350 exc-f.

Sold my 2006 DRZ400 this year and bought the KTM.

Burnt mine up in the dunes last weekend. A pad came off the recluse.

It was only 4 months old but had close to 100 hours of hard riding and several desert races on it.

Going to find out what their warranty is like.

Ken, to expand on my above comment the Rekluse guys said something about racing or hard riding the clutch and that the dampers should be changed every 10 hours I think they said.  Wonder if this had anything to do with your problem?

my rekluse went, in i noticed right away the bike was a little sluggish with the clutch action , great on climbs but chaasing my friends thru single track i could tell i needed more positive clutch control.  chasing kenny around i couldnt notice . but chasing rory i could tell right away.

the crf still flames out if i chop the throttle when hot. the rekluse heats up my bike more , needed a new radiator cap after install, when the crf gets overheats it doesnt like to start that sucked for me because you cant bump start the bike afterward with a reckluse .

a fan on the radiator and an electric start would help this, but i may end up taking mine out of the 06 crf 450r  if anyone wants to tryit.

the rekluse did help me learn clutch technique and catapulted my riding skills, and was fun to experiment . i seem to bee doing fine with my other bikes that dont use the aftermarket clutch .

on a positive note the rekluse did help me stay riding when i couldnt use my left hand,..

evening thumper I know that you can adjust the amount of grab the Rekluse has by turning the adjustment screw in or out on the slave cylinder. This will raise or lower the pressure plate, also I've read that by turning that screw you can bump start your bike.

Those of non KTM guys don't have slave cylinders.  range

Took me an hour at Glamis today to ride with a manual old fashion clutch today.

I may upgrade the Yamaha to Hydraulic and buy an Orange plastics kit.

22 hours ago, deltadude said:

Ken, to expand on my above comment the Rekluse guys said something about racing or hard riding the clutch and that the dampers should be changed every 10 hours I think they said.  Wonder if this had anything to do with your problem?

man, this is the first i have heard of this lol. quickly looking at some online stuff it says for regular bikes they should be changed every 30hrs of riding? i am at almost 1000 miles on my drz and i have had it on since new lol

however looking, i cant totally figure out what "dampers" are. does anybody have a pic?

turn the what? where ? 

dude my bike was made in Japan not China.

thanks though i know you mean well.

dampers are little rubber bushings inside the ring gear (clutch). not sure why this is relevant.

does anybody with a working rear knob  wanna go hit some trails?

image.jpeg

thumper, if you go to rekluse.com and look under support you will find videos.  These are not the "drink all you can and do something stupid videos" these are help videos and your bike should be listed there.  The dampers are relevant because they need to be changed depending on how you ride to keep the clutch working.

Good luck. Oh and I do watch those drunk videos also.

you guys really read all the oem instructions watch the rekluse viddys (oem rekluse)  there are many levels of adjustment on these things from hard hitting solid stall adjust to super slip (heat) setting.

On my 300 mine is in standard set up which means it has a rather slow engagement/soft and it slips into full lockup which is fine for most things if I need to to go full lock I go gas and clutch and use rpm powervalve hit ramp it up into full lock up. They even have those core exp weights that can be swapped around for more solid lock up or less. the options are very wide range.

This is what Ken "needs"

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/981/1144/Magura-Hydraulic-Clutch

BTW this is no BS hydraulic set up, Ive seen these on full factory MXGP and Enduro GP bikes.

Your spot on Robert. I have torn muscle problems in my arm. I ride to much fast desert and deep sand where I need full lock up. The recluse always seemed to slip at 70 plus in the desert. 

At some point I would like to give the Recluse a try just to see for myself.

Pretty comfortable with the manual clutch over all sorts of terrain, but at the end of a long day (which for out of shape old me is getting closer and closer to the start of the day :( ) I could see the benefit of giving the left arm a little less work.

Daryl its not even about the fatigue factor entirely. its also about how the thing puts torque/power to the ground. Think the auto clutches that top fuelers use to propel those things with no wheel spin. The Rekluse loads the rear wheel with stupid precision. At the same time it help on decel as well.

Ken probably in the sand you have "deactivated" the system into full lock no auto slip. That is something to think about or ask the Rekluse folks about.

Kenny time to get a 300 2 stroke for single track with rekluse and then use your wr450 for desert