So I stopped into Escondido Cycle Center yesterday to look at some jet skis. They had just received 2 African Twins and one was already gone. The list price is $13K but they wanted $16.5K for the bike. I just walked out....

CiD

Just now, Covered in Dust said:

So I stopped into Escondido Cycle Center yesterday to look at some jet skis. They had just received 2 African Twins and one was already gone. The list price is $13K but they wanted $16.5K for the bike. I just walked out....

CiD

Not Covered in Dollars?

Thats the way it is with anything new. I remember the Mini Coopers and Smart Cars were like that, too. Folks waiting in line to pay 15--25% above retail for the privilege of owning it first. 

What a bummer they were marked up that high. Yeah their msrp is low for a adventure bike. Just wait 2 years and the starbucks crowd will be selling theirs fully done with 5k in accessories for 10k

I want one now , and I will be so old in two years. Of coarse I cant afford one so maybe one of the "starbuck crowd", will have added geriatric farkles.

:)

I don't even think it will take 2 years...

5 hours ago, ADV Bum said:

I am seeing shops up North selling at $12,999. 

Where up north?

22 hours ago, Bp619 said:

What a bummer they were marked up that high. Yeah their msrp is low for a adventure bike. Just wait 2 years and the starbucks crowd will be selling theirs fully done with 5k in accessories for 10k

This is so true, it will never been dropped, and been on dirt fire road only!  Most of the Adventure BMW you will find the same way.

Went to FBC in Kearny Mesa after work yesterday and looked at their one bike in stock. Very nice!

Just can't do silver. Found out that the U.S. will have silver and red. Europe gets the tri color and Canada gets the black. Would be all over the black if available here in a heartbeat. 

If only it would be a great commuter bike :(

On May 26, 2016 at 7:08 AM, hoss314 said:

If only sold in the U.S.

africa_twin_13032_1071matte_black_metallic_front_zpso88dryp5.png

Call a Canadian dealer. The dollar is strong now. You may get it below US MSRP but may have to pay an import fee that would balance it out.

I picked mine up Friday - Manual Clutch - paid $15,327 OTD - and rode it yesterday. Honda Nailed it with this one. 

It was worth all the waiting....smooth power, nice suspension, and..............IT'S NOT ORANGE:D

20160527_105512.jpg

20160527_140202.jpg

20160527_160723.jpg

20160527_160532.jpg

There will be a real nice 2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC for sale real shortlyB)

20160528_114627.jpg

Made a run up to Big Bear and Back to break in the motor

20160528_120911.jpg

Anyone interested in getting a Red Manual Africa Twin??? I was next up  on a wait-list at South Bay Motorsports and got a call yesterday telling me one will be in this week.  I was able to get one a few weeks ago and told the salesman Ted- I would pass this on..  It will go quick so if your interested- give Ted a call at  619-420-2300 and tell him Tim sent you.

Also....some douche-bag  dealers are  marking these up way over MSRP and  and South Bay is not.  

Next shipments are not due until l;ate August or early Sept.  This is a fantastic bike.  You snooze ..you Loose.  

The more I read about the AT the more I want one. But I'll probably wait for those lightly used ones to come onto the market. Also looking forward to the supposed XTZ700 Tenere from Yamaha next year. I have the big pig Super Tenere now and hoping the 700cc version will be comparable but at least 100 lbs lighter.

Saw a red one at Fun Bike Center yesterday. Awesome looking bike. Cockpit felt comfy sitting on it.

Changed the oil in my Tenere yesterday and had to get help from my son and his friend to roll the front wheel into the chock on the lift. Damn that bike is HEAVY! The AT is no lightweight either. But it's about 70 lbs lighter than the Tenere on paper and looks and feels even more svelte than that. Felt KLRish to me in terms of size and weight.

FBC is selling them at MSRP.