Hey guys, I let my DRZ sit for about two months because of a busy work schedule. I recently got her up and running again with new fork seals, cleaned carb, etc and noticed I'm having an ignition issue now. It cuts out and misses but it's not consistent, so I'm having trouble pinpointing it. I've looked over the wiring harness and have tested/swapped every electrical component except the stator. It's an original stator and I suspect the pickup coil is bad, but again I can't seem to pinpoint it since it's not consistent.

I was hoping someone on here might be willing to let me borrow a spare to test on my bike to confirm it's the culprit before I drop the dough on a new one.

if so, please shoot me a text/call. Thanks in advance!

Nick

951-514-5533

You sure it's not fuel related?  Seems much more likely with a dormant bike than a sudden electrical glitch.

That's what I thought too originally. I ended up pulling the carb apart three times and did a thorough cleaning with compressed air and carb cleaner. Also took apart the petcock, cleaned the tank, and confirmed the cap was venting. Fuel system checked out, so I'm just left with ignition.

Wildwood replaced the stator on his DRZ and it ended up being a short in the headlight area. Ask him.

Does it cut out at various rpms?  Or upper, lower, under load etcm

Sorry for the late reply. It's varies, but tends to idle fine and act up on acceleration primarily. It's worse off road or on bumpy roads.

48 minutes ago, Desertrunner said:

Sorry for the late reply. It's varies, but tends to idle fine and act up on acceleration primarily. It's worse off road or on bumpy roads.

Does the kickstand have a safety switch like the drz400s model has?  if so bypass it. If not than It really does sound like a stator issue since its cutting out under load.