EddieEarl

Black Mountain - On Any Sunday

Took a solo ride from Poway up to Black Mountain yesterday via Black Canyon.  Tuesday 2'fer kinda stuff.  Trail was a bit rutty, but perfect otherwise.  I don't usually ride solo but have to admit yesterday was pretty enjoyable ... I settled into "my" pace ... gave riding a little different perspective and I picked up on certain things in the bike, and my riding, I may not have noticed otherwise.

The weather was gorgeous and the 500 EXC ran great.  I was reminded how blessed we really are to do what we do.  

Big shout out to @Suspenders for all his help and advice.  Suspension felt better than ever.  The variable 7.5/8.5 rear shock worked perfect.

20160424_140302.jpg

There' just something special about the top of this little mountain.  The view never gets old.

20160424_141323-1.jpg

There's been a rumor or two about getting something for locating one of these little guys?  Urban legend?

20160424_141739.jpg

It is nice up there, was at the top Friday for the first time. I wonder who could've put that Kug photo there?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you see a Kug sticker or SDAR sticker applied to Federal property, peel it off if you can.  "Tread lightly" is broader than just staying on a designated trail.   Wouldn't want the Kug getting in trouble either.  We all pay for those signs and, as a former U.S. Forest Service employee, I hate to see them get defaced and/or shot up. Those signs are expensive to replace.

5 hours ago, Mikey777 said:

If you see a Kug sticker or SDAR sticker applied to Federal property, peel it off if you can.  "Tread lightly" is broader than just staying on a designated trail.   Wouldn't want the Kug getting in trouble either.  We all pay for those signs and, as a former U.S. Forest Service employee, I hate to see them get defaced and/or shot up. Those signs are expensive to replace.

Then they should put a sign saying that...oh wait...they did

A Kug sticker is an upgrade for that sign...:D