Mr.JAJA

Suzuki DR 650 any one?

In preparation for a longer trip oversee, I try to locate a Suzuky DR650. I like to get some owners firsthand information, take some measurement and if possible a test ride. This is all just to see if the ride high, seat , foot pegs, handlebar need to be alert for me. I like to do the forehand and get some ideas what i can prepare here and sens oversee for installation. I don't like to experiment and learn on the way in the middle off nowhere.

Shoot me a message please if you have or know one with a DR650.

Thank you Mr.JAJA

Jaja- I "think" the DR650 will feel very small for you. Tight cockpit and low bars. Low seat height as well. That being said, they have a nice motor, good gearbox and ratios, and as soon as you adjust to the feel, you'll really like it.... I will leave the details to the dr650 gurus on this site

A lot can be done to open the cockpit up a bit. Bar risers, lower pegs, taller seat.

GoofyFooter has a perfect build awaiting the finishing touches. It might be for sale and has the Safari tank, pumper carb, etc.

I don't have mine anymore but would be happy to sort things with you if you get one.

https://procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html <-- owner Jeff has ridden a DR for years and has worked out the bugs.

http://www.warp9racing.com/product-tag/suzuki-dr650/ <-- owner rides a DR. His products are top knotch. I'd buy that brake lever in a second as I tried to modify mine to get better feel. I'm sure he got it right.

Thank you all for chiming in. I like to get some dimension and pictures for a rack and additional holding points. The bike will be in Australia and I just like to get the personal expertise from a owner direct. I know about the bad designed Neutral switch, 3th gear, weak clutch feeling, balance shaft seal pop out,

(Goofyfooter is not a Member here?) where can I find him?

I rode Xt 600 and still have 2 TT600, so small is not an issue. The bike has to do the JOB.

A GS1150/1200 is out of question for the Simson desert or Canning Stock Road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canning_Stock_Route#/media/File:Canning_Stock_Route.jpg

Goofy is a member...here...I believe it's the neutral sending unit screw that fails. I had an xt600 also, and it felt bigger (to me). But as I alluded to...you can probably adjust. Have fun

Real, NO DR 650 rider's here in the SD group? I know Suzuki is not the US preferred bike, But there are sold here and someone has one. Please contact me.

On 4/24/2016 at 2:04 AM, bikeslut said:

Goofyfooter is a hobbit

No truer words have been spoken....

:-)

2 hours ago, hodnettjj said:

No truer words have been spoken....

:-) I try to get in contact with "goofy footer" with no susses.

9 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Real, NO DR 650 rider's here in the SD group? I know Suzuki is not the US preferred bike, But there are sold here and someone has one. Please contact me.

PM sent

bill

I have seen several good bikes for sale,  I can hook you up with a friend that has two of them and he wants to sell one

Sorry I don't need to bye one in the US, I need to check seating and how to make a rack what I can send over to Australia with all my stuff. And additional I like to hear about the shortcomings on this bike.

5 hours ago, Beezzz said:

XR 650 is larger format for your size!

Yes I looked into this XR650 to. I need a electric starter and a bike what can run 35000 Km with out problems. Reports and comparison say that the DR is the better choice. Better gas mileage, better tarmac riding, Less vibration.

I think he means the L model xr650l which is air cooled electric start and get 40mpg+

On 5/3/2016 at 5:34 PM, Bp619 said:

I think he means the L model xr650l which is air cooled electric start and get 40mpg+

Just check the Australian Market. 33 x DR650 vs. 1 x  XR650L, But I will keep my eyes open for both.

Thank you for Bill, I just had the chance to check out his DR650. It feels like a Moped in comparison to the GS1150.  Now I have to find the right bike in AUS and get it set up for the trip.