Sign in to follow this  
Mikey777

Back to School @ Streets of Willow - Rosamond, CA 4/17

I have been AWOL from tracking for a while. Life, illness (two months sidelined with pneumonia), and child rearing all got in the way.

Was glad to get back out and shake off the cobwebs. I found most of what I lost, but didn't feel quite as fast and low as last time. I guess that means I have to go back soon. Still sore after a full day on the track. You use lots of leg strength when tracking - your inner thighs to grip the bike/tank and calves to push on the outside peg to lock your outside knee to the tank. Your neck also gets sore from looking up and through the turn from the tucked position. Maybe I am just getting older. Definitely need to hit the gym to get my cardio back. Twenty minute sessions kick your but when you are sucking wind. Last pic was end of the day and I was just in "screw it" mode about my tucked position.

post-15604-0-52433400-1461095807_thumb.j

post-15604-0-58728600-1461095909_thumb.j

post-15604-0-21508200-1461095834_thumb.j

Mike I cannot see your beer can holder on that bike, that is just amazing. I knew from the first time I road with you why I cannot keep up with you in the twisty's you do this at high speeds.

Good job, Mickey.

LIKE-LIKE-LIKE great to you getting some on the track!!! The proper location to go get some!!!