just east of Tecate southside off the libre road. 23 April Veys sponsored Rancho Villareal XC race.

These are always fun, lots of trails, but also a big mix of everything, challenging yes.

post-5813-0-72435300-1460404726_thumb.jp

Ignore my PM about you not posting it here...found your others on CafeHusky and Thumpertalk.

When they say 50/50 single track and GP, can you explain what that means? Obviously I understand the single track part, but GP???

Jim and SDAR,

Giovanni(Y) has informed me that they altered the course set up and its more 80% single track 20% open stuff.

Explanation- the Rancho Villareal location has quad size "GP" kind of whooped out stuff circulating the valley and some of it can be seen from the libre road , but over the bridge on the south side of the toll road the mountain range has a bunch of great single track cut in, so I guess they got more permission to get up into the southeast side.

here the video from Chilly from a few years back when we rode the southside of the toll road to give you an idea of the single track area. This is when they did class line starts (no transponders)--

BTW in viddy 2 at 0:50 that's me on the ground.....of course in front of everyone in the "grass track" ribbon field section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXCnOwjDsiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IspAg9by3U4

I just changed my oil, cleaned my air filter and spooned on a new set of GoldenTyres. Hopefully they make my as fast as Graham Jarvis!

SDAR represented in 40+ and 50+ open classes

RACE DAY:

DOOR OPENS AT 6:30 AM, PRERUN FROM 6:30 TO 8:30 AM

RIDERS MEETING : 9:00 AM

RACE START: 9:30 AM

DURATION 90 MINUTES + 1 LAP OA LEADER

so you can do a sighting lap.

Awesome. We booked a room at a little spot just east of Tecate, so I think I will come and pre-run, and then run back for the girls.

See you there!

fun course almost 7 mile loop, more fast than slow this time, more sand wash less single track. woefully low turnout, 4 40+open,2 50+ open for example bummed for the promoter lots of work not so many riders signed up. my bike was not set up properly at all for this course...I guess thats why its good to do a sighting lap. SDAR Jim W showed with his pit crew and finished and had a great time. I hope these guys get more support for this is the only local XC/HS/GNCC type closed course racing in our area.

Geez, Robert, hearing any complaints from you about your bike, not doing a pre-run, etc, makes me feel even slower. ;-)

For anyone reading this who thinks they can't race, come try it. It was my first in 25 years, I was slow, I crashed (mostly tip overs), and I am sore, but it felt so good to see the checkered flag instead of a DNF! And now I have a reason to get to the gym, so I can try to hang with Robert.

The course with first off the line and eventual 2nd OA local fast "kid" Grant Stately

SDAR Member Jim Whitmoyer!! P3 40+ Open

JimW.jpg

participate don't spectate. fun was had by all