Dress4Less

Motion Pro - Trail Bead Buddy

I picked this up over the weekend...anybody use/like or dislike?

IMG_1303_zpsl3gdpmpm.jpg

IMG_1305_zpsv18cvv67.jpg

IMG_1304_zpstfo8wh6e.jpg

Yes, get two for trail side repairs.

I have a "regular" size bead buddy. (Which is not all that big either.) Used it three times in the past month (in the garage) and I think it is very helpful. I keep mine with me on the trail too, but have not had to use it trail-side.

Waste of time if you ask me. That's what my knees are for.

I use full size one. Ive tried trail one and didnt like it.

Use one every tire change. Nothing worse than chasing the bead around the rim. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Waste of time if you ask me. That's what my knees are for.

nice tool to have, but unnecessary bulk in the pack. Knees, a tire iron or even a couple small wrenches wedged in the rim does the same thing.

But hey that's just my opinion. I also run Bib Mousse so I dont carry any flat repair tools. As they say, your mileage may vary.

I carry the full-sized one with my tire tools everywhere I ride, and have it for every flat tire.

But I never use it....

Have it and use it, it cuts out at least one curse word during a tire change 20 miles from camp.

Old school was to use (some still do) a vise grip, but this and the standard bead buddy (I use mine sometimes)  are a lot less damaging. what Jon said.....for trail riding in the boonies been on mousses for so long now I only carry HD zip ties if a mousse fails (never has for me).

I think as do for all Motion Pro tools its a good tool developed by riders for riders. as small and light as it can be for the job at hand.

I've used the reg size with each tire change and like it .  Bought the trail size and will use it this week for my rear tire change just to test it.  I'll post my thoughts after.

I want to make trail side flat repairs as easy as possible. I had one in a tire kit (along with a bunch of other goodies) that dropped off my bike at the Otay Truck Trail. Haven't replaced it yet but it is a handy piece of gear. 

The other thing that I really must have is the valve stem puller/ chaser. My fat hands just aren't made for that last little detail.

Because I lost my old kit, I've slowly been building a new one again. The bead buddy will be part of it.

I know you're all pros, but here are some hints from the good doctor:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2011/03/article/dr-fraziers-flat-tire-repair-secrets/

image.jpeg