tntmo

Tntmo and wife street adventure ride

So I've been trying to convince my wife to go on a multi day motorcycle ride with me for a while. I got her a nice almost new Yamaha FZ6, installed a Seat Concepts seat, USB phone charger and made some saddlebag supports. I got a set of soft bags for her bike and, installed the hardbags on my Tiger and we loaded up and headed out Tuesday.

Day one we made it to Vegas. Not too exciting of a ride, crappy wind most of the way. Teresa has never ridden more than 120 miles in a day so bravo to her! We booked a room at Planet Hollywood resort online when we stopped for gas at the Nevada state line. When we got to our room and saw that it had two big doors we figured they goofed up. It was a huge suite, like rock star type! I guess since it wasn't booked we got a killer deal. Spent a few hours walking the strip enjoying cold beverages.

The following day we checked out the Welcome to Vegas sign and then rode to Hoover Dam. We walked around a bit, the tours were booked three hours out so we passed on that. Back to riding, we got on the road through Lake Mead National Recreation Area. If you're in the area, this is an awesome road! Nice two lane with minimal traffic, curves, hills and beautiful scenery. We stopped at Valley Of Fire state park, also breathtakingly beautiful....need to go back to spend more time there. We continued on to Hurricane, Utah for the night.

Woke up to frost on the seats and decided to leave her bike in the lot and ride two-up into Zion national park. It was a cool day but not awful. We rode all the way through to the east side and then back, stopping to walk around and check stuff out a bit. We planned to take the bus but it was a two hour wait and the bus takes a minimum 90 minutes round trip. Another place we need to go back to dedicate more time. We rode out to St George and to the 15. Stopped across the Nevada border, Teresa wasn't feeling good. I decided we should go to the Air Force base for the night so she could be seen at base medical.

The following morning she was seen, got a bunch of pills and still felt terrible. I booked us another night and we relaxed.

Saturday morning she woke up and was packing her saddlebags, so I know she was feeling better. We hit the road and headed out of Vegas past Hoover dam and then south bound. More crappy wind, but we made it into Lake Havasu City. Seems like we missed out on the crazy spring break parties, and I wore my pasties for nothing.

Easter Sunday we woke up to the best weather yet. Crossed London Bridge just to say we did, rode to Parker Dam and then across the empty desert through 29 Palms and stayed in Desert Hot Springs. The hotel had an awesome mineral hot tub, we soaked for quite a while. We found a great Thai restaurant not far away also.

Monday, the wind was out with a vengeance. We wanted to go through the mountains for a nice ride home but decided to slab it back for more available places to stop. We only went about ten miles before stopping the first time, the wind was nasty. About 20 miles past that and it was manageable. We got a bit of rain, just enough to wet the visor. Really the only rain during the entire trip.

So, just under a week, four states, a bit more than 1200 miles. I'm proud of my wife, first long trip and it was a good one! I will post some pictures after I upload them, but here's most of the route.

We looked online, the room was $996 regular price....we didn't pay anything close to that. We felt bad that we didn't have a bunch of people to party in the room with us.

I just read this out loud to my wife. Excellent write-up of a fun time.

Can't wait to see the photos!

Sounds like a great trip...

The Valley of Fire is pretty cool.

I don't take enough pictures, and I barely can run the point and shoot feature on my phone but here's what I got.

I made these saddle bag supports for Teresa's bike out of $5 flat iron from HD. Bent, twisted, cut and drilled it, I think it turned out ok and kept the bags out of the rear wheel.

http://20160321_193539_zpswu1txfbl.jpg

20160321_193414_zpsxpucpj8v.jpg

Stopping for a bite to eat on the way to Vegas.

20160322_122846_zpsa6kffktx.jpg

20160322_165952_zpswy4bafc6.jpg

Rockstar suite in Planet Hollywood resort, last minute booking on a Tuesday got us an amazing room for cheap!

20160322_182715_zpsrz5rd78i.jpg

Vegas strip, plenty busy on a Tuesday night.

20160322_194520_zpsz0c6nikx.jpg

20160322_194550_zpsgwfu9ch9.jpg

Vegas sign, I didn't want to wait in line for the picture so we just stopped in the parking lot.

20160323_103252_zpscuph1ods.jpg

20160323_103323_zpsnyn06pkr.jpg

Hoover Dam

20160323_125715_zpsqnhbpcx2.jpg

Valley of Fire

20160323_153134_zpsengmdnas.jpg

Beautiful, but cold morning in Utah

20160324_072739_zpspyhmubzm.jpg

Zion NP

20160324_112840_zps3kwr05qq.jpg

20160324_112852_zps9nt96uos.jpg

IMG_52671_zps0tkrdsnb.jpg

942520_10154031578583756_208415646196491

View from our hotel in Lake Havasu City

20160326_152644_zpsviqdmp5e.jpg

20160326_152650_zpsjtthj4ge.jpg

Easter Sunday best.

20160327_094046_zpsgvezdbf2.jpg

London Bridge

20160327_094736_zpsxhtpekrp.jpg

Our last stop on the windy morning ride home. Teresa did so awesome on this ride, I hope she has the travel bug and wants to go again.

20160328_120042_zpshkmugs8z.jpg

Awesome Tom! Nice RR & pics... :smile_anim: you need some more bikes in your garage though... :lmaosmiley:

Nice job getting the wife into riding. My wife has no interest and If she did the stress of her on a bike would kill me. Looks like a great trip all around.

That is cool that you can share this with your wife, my wife will never put her foot over two wheels that have a motor. Very Very Cool!

I can do this with the car, (AH 3000) but on here own Bike, no more way in this days.

She rides off road as well. I guess I can complain about some things, but not too much on the motorcycle side of things. Thanks!