Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

ISDE97(Matt).........ISDE 1997 Lumezzane Italia

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet, but thanks for the find. It should be interesting.

I think the time for a new handle was a while ago, as this is kind of ancient history at this point.

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet, but thanks for the find. It should be interesting.

I think the time for a new handle was a while ago, as this is kind of ancient history at this point.

Hey Matt, what number were you running so we can follow you in the video?

I have only watched the opener, I would guess the focus is going to be on the trophy teams.

your handle, leave it!! you every right to be proud of that accomplishment. Its one of those bucket list dreams...that I will not see in reality. Need to live vicariously through you and other friends I know that have done the ISDE and world enduro championship.

Oh man that virgin grass track in the beginning --so cool !!

I am working my way through this... Shane Watts is #1, I think Ty Davis is #71, I will try to make note of some of the others.

I always liked to say that the grass tracks were like riding on a golf course, which gives you the idea. Most of them seemed to be in the town park, which was quite the change from US events, which are held as far from populations as possible. Every time control was in a town.

I top 20'ed in class one of the grass tracks, and yes, there is a story on how that happened. I was faster than all the trophy guys.

Another tidbit- I got really good at riding wheelies there.

US Trophy Team

yes Ty Davis 71

Rodney Smith 106

Randy Hawkins 42

Steve Hatch 90

Chris Smith 45

Notable World Enduro guys see below.

The Italians won both trophy and Jr trophy....in Brescia....they were on their home turf and many said of course they were riding the same trails a year before the event! Some of the trails are probably their normal local stuff. However they were still at the top of their team game in the 90s for sure.

Gio Sala 11 (red plate 11) ITA

Kari Tiainen 176 SF

Anders Eriksson 177 SWE

Stefano Passeri 7 ITA

Yes Shane Watts 1 AUS

Fabio Farioli 179 ITA

Fausto Scovolo 4 ITA

PS I have most all of the Off Road Champions book collection.