Dan Diego

Goggles to fit the Shoei Hornet DS helmet

I've spent a couple of hours on this site and ADV reading about which goggles fit the Shoei Hornet DS helmet.

I see a few options--and I may just take PMB's route and stay with wrap-around sunglasses--but I'd like some real world feedback on those who wear googles with their Hornet.

Thanks. post-14554-0-01757900-1457286542.jpeg

I'm liking mine, too, Kelly. I may just do that. Some good wraparound sunglasses and call it good.

I run a Shoei DS with Oakleys goggles. I like it better than sunglass, at some point my sunglasses stopped being adequate and my eyes started watering like crazy.  

I seriously considered an MX helmet (Shoei VFX, etc) that would require full-time goggles (no face shield).

I tried out a couple different goggles that friends have.  Some of our guys use military tac gear and those goggles were comfortable and fit the helmet.  I bought two pair of those.

Some of our guys use Oakleys and those were given high marks, as well.

In the end, I decided to stay with a DS helmet that has a face shield and I bring goggles along for the dustiest of riding areas.  So far, so good.

I own a couple pair of the Bobster glasses, similar to those. 

Ive used something like those mikey however the cheap amazon version. Think they were labeled as motorcycle sunglasses kept my eyes clean from dust worked well. Got a 3 pack with clear yellow and tinted. Used tinted and clear for moto and yellow for trap shotgun shooting.

3 Pair Motorcycle Riding Glasses Smoke Clear Yellow https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UJVNFA/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_nM7hxb0NR957S

Never wore goggles with a DS helmet, just good shades.

Oakely L frame.  I wear wire framed glasses, L frame ( the straps tuck between helmet shell and visor ) .  I find  the eyes water without goggles. This way you have two layers of dust and wind protection before you are down to the glasses.