• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KTMrad

NEW Rules About Ride Promoting and Posting

29 posts in this topic

SDAR is now a business listed with the State of CA. We have also been an AMA Chartered Club for years.

Therefore, promoters of Non-AMA Sanctioned rides are asked not to post info and/or links about their rides on SDAR Forums.

We will eventually have a paid advertising area open to promoters.

Promoters of AMA Sanctioned rides will be allowed at our discretion. Please use your judgement when promoting your ride here....for example, mentioning your upcoming ride on SDAR more than 3 times would be over doing it.

This applies to paid events where one must pay to participate.

Congratulations Randy, You have done a good deal to support our Dualsport enjoyment with your site.

Knowing you need to cover the costs of operation, and make some money while you are doing it in the future, I can see advertising as the future of the site.

How does the proposed calendar fit into the business? Is that separate from or part of the income stream?

Dave / Bags

This doesn't cover our informal rides like the Breakfast Club rides Bagstr and I put together every other week or so does it?

CiD

Just a thought ,will the calendar be available for the rest of this year , or will we have to wait until 17.

Totally understand the issue with the posted rides.

Just a thought ,will the calendar be available for the rest of this year , or will we have to wait until 17.

Answer in the "Calendar Photos" post.

So basically this means that Crawdaddy's Grand Canyon ride can't be posted about on SDAR?

Roger, promoters may not post their rides here, that are for their own company profit...it's free advertising....conflict of interest, do u get that from a business standpoint ?

The CORE rides that are not AMA Sanctioned fall into that category.

Would I, (not being affiliated with CORE), be able to post about his ride? "Hey guys I'm going on this ride put on by CORE...blah,blah, blah."

Of course, we can't prevent and wouldnt want to prevent people from mentioning rides they'd like to do.

Charity Rides with entry fees?

So the Mexican races -rides can not be posted here also ?

CORE is an AMA sanctioned club. That said, the only AMA sanctioned event on the CORE calendar is the annual "CORE 4 Kids" fundraiser for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.

I'll post the annual Mammoth & Bar 10 CORE Club Rides on the CORE Website, DualSportMoto.com & the Crawdad Off Road Events Facebook page. Likewise, I'll post the annual Crawdaddy Invitational elsewhere.

I kick $25 a year to both The Dualies & BBTR but both of those clubs have monthly meetings, monthly rides, and club TShirts in return. Those clubs also cohost and/or help promote all CORE events and/or volunteer help at the CORE 4 Kids fundraiser.

As a 10+yr SDAR founding member I would've appreciated some notice on a planned change in direction rather than coming home and reading about it?

Yes it would seem that a little more thought needs to go into this. Otherwise it looks like it's just aimed at a few members that contribute a lot to this site.

Just my two cents.

CiD

Since I took over the signing in of new members, I have turned many people away who's sole purpose was to advertise a ride or product on our site. This is something that many members had expressed a dislike for. This is a great site and that is why people are trying to advertise here. We need make it self sustaining. Costs for everything have gone up and continue to go up.

SDAR has to pay others to advertise the Desert Dash.

I usually mention the Cycle World Sierra's Rally to see if any San Diego riders want to check it out. I am not the promoter or affiliated with them except on a friendship level.

I should not do this anymore? No ride report?

Just trying to understand the rules.

Same with the Advrider Death Valley Noobs rally? I am a volunteer in this non-profit fundraising event for the Blue Ribbon, Stewards of Sequoia's and Corva.

I appreciate Crawdaddy's restraint with this one.

Obvious zero discussion with the long term members prior to decision and announcement was a lapse in judgment IMO.

Postings for trackdays and riding schools ?

Kug, do u see track day promoters or owners of riding schools posting links here ?

I will answer some of your questions as the day goes on...don't have time for all right now.

I've seen members here post about track days or supermoto days - which are paid admission. Using this forum to gather some like minded folks to go have fun with.

Just so many variables to this rule.

I don't get why anyone is taking this personally.

How can we let one promoter business advertise for free but prevent others from doing it ?

Would that be fair ?