ADV Bum

First Aid supplies - Discounted

After the great First Aid class we had the other night, I wanted to try and help/ promote people being prepared. I searched for a local company but could not find one. I found what looks to be a good supplier and after talking to them, they know who we are and had ridden with us. I will post the coupon code when it is set up.

www.rescue-essentials.com

Hi Mike:

Here’s my contact info. I’ll put together a coupon code for your members to use when checking out. Also let them know that everything we ship is done for a flat rate of $4.99 shipping regardless of order size. This way they don’t order 15 dollars of stuff and pay 15 dollars in shipping. Looking forward to working with your members.

Best Regards,

Nick Disparti

VP of Sales & Marketing

Carey and Company Ltd

Rescue Essentials

Office: 719-539-4843

Cell: 719-321-9221

nick@rescue-essentials.com

Nicely done! The Israeli bandages are always handy to have.

Thanks man this is awesome. Need to pick up another SAM splint and some other odds and ends so this is perfect :D

Edit- On the Comms side they have a good selection of Radio harnesses :D

For those of us who could not attend the FA class; is there a current list of items recommended to carry?

I usually have a the basic Adventure Medical Aid kit like this with me:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/118928/adventure-medical-kits-sportsman-whitetail-1-4-person-first-aid-kit

But, it is like everything else. You can just go nuts on the stuff..... From ten bucks to kits costing hundreds of dollars.

http://www.midwayusa.com/s?targetLocation=%2F_%2FN-20174%2B4294965635%3FNp%3D2%26Nr%3DAND%2528p_visible%253A1%252Ccustomertypeid%253A1%2529%26Nrpp%3D24%26Ns%3Dp_metric_sales_velocity%257C1%26Ntpc%3D1%26Ntpr%3D1

Sometimes it's good to start small and add something each time you go shoppin'.

S

PS

Also a good idea is once you make a kit is to inventory it on a 3 x 5 card in a sandwich bag. And check it quickly before you ride. Nothing worse than "I have that!" and not having said item in the kit because you forgot you used it 3 rides ago.

For those of us who could not attend the FA class; is there a current list of items recommended to carry?

We did not develop a list. There were some favorite items like the Isreali bandage, sam splint, and quik clot.

BTW: A SAM splint needs a wrap of some sort- kerlix or self-adhesive roll bandage. And usually a fair amount of it- not just to support the body part needing splinting, but to immobilize the entire setup as well.

Yes, one can use gaffer tape- but what a mess.

BTW: A SAM splint needs a wrap of some sort- kerlix or self-adhesive roll bandage. And usually a fair amount of it- not just to support the body part needing splinting, but to immobilize the entire setup as well.

Yes, one can use gaffer tape- but what a mess.

Correct.