Travis Gill

Thinking of scoping out the "Border Run" Trail from Campo to J

I was looking at this exceptional map created by gpsKevin:

http://tinyurl.com/z7pl7cr

...and noticed a trail from Campo to Jacumba labeled "Border Run". Does anyone have any first-hand experience on this trail? Is it open all the way through? I was thinking of running it this weekend sometime.

Yes, I've ridden it several times- easy to ride, and I find it fascinating, especially during the current political climate. I've been unable to get all the way to Jacumba proper, and there are DHS/BP trucks who may stop to sniff around.

I didn't download the linked map, so I could be talking about somewhere different. But I'd ridden a lot along the border. VERY educational.

Here's the gpsKevin map (the medium size is all that I could attach. post-14554-0-00336500-1456689861.jpeg

Though the large (2.8 MB) and XL (7.5 MB) are available, too.

Just go for it . No one bbc.co on here knows if you grt stopped. Its always different.

ive done this route several times . Alwaysbmadebit to jacumba . Even past that all thebway tothe dez.

I used to live out there though so I backtracked its alwaysbeasier coming back.

Sorrybtyping is screwed uup

It would be awesome night ride; edit

Thanks for the map link. As a novice to navigating the trails, ANYTHING helps! Good luck on your border adventure.

When are you thinking about doing this run, post something up if you do I might go out on my 950

Eat a sand-wich at the deli in jacumba,

Then take a sand-wash from there to the chevr. Fuel up. Then crossover the street into in-ko-pah territory,hit old stagecoach and call it a ride, Awesome pics at the old stage coeach truck trail. I've heard of actual stagecoach gohsts still run over them rocks at night and you can hear them , that's why no one ever dual-sport camps right there in that area.

I've got a couple different ideas for this weekend rolling around in my head:

1) Death Valley is blooming so I was thinking of making a long weekend to ride up and around there.

2) Otherwise I'll explore around here more local to include Border Run.

I decided I wouldn't have enough time to really enjoy Death Valley over a three day weekend so I'm staying local. I plan on leaving Friday afternoon to camp at Corral Canyon overnight then hit the Border Run Saturday morning after breakfast at Subway/Chevron.

Let me know if you're interested in joining. I'm a fairly noob rider with about 150 miles of off-road experience on my G650GS Sertao.

Did somewhat of a Border Run today. Entered at the Tecate POE and rode the fence line, more or less, to Jacumba. Took several side trails that looked interesting.

Great weather and the roads were OK (some sand and ruts).

Saw two rattlers and lots of patrol agents.

Finished the day at Jay's BBQ in Jacumba. Then hustled back on the I-8. post-14554-0-04920500-1459037766_thumb.jpost-14554-0-63778000-1459037775_thumb.jpost-14554-0-77832400-1459037817_thumb.jpost-14554-0-90616600-1459037911_thumb.j

Looks like fun day i need to do this before it gets too hot

It was in the 50's on the 94 on our way out. Wasn't but 75 or so when we headed back. Yeah, this weather won't last.post-14554-0-91769200-1459038378_thumb.j

How was the BBQ, Homie?

I gotta say, it was legit. Family run, smoked on premises.

Cool, I only have about 2575 miles left to complete the PCT. Easy!

On February 29, 2016 at 10:50 AM, 350thumper said:

Eat a sand-wich at the deli in jacumba,

Or better yet, a heaping plate of BBQ and fixins' at Jay's in Boulevard...