Travis Gill

Thinking of scoping out the "Border Run" Trail from Campo to J

ya thats a great choice also .hope you heal quickly dan .

as soon as i get my bike figured out im doing this run again . the oil wont stay in the resivior for some reason .. probly a seal or something 

Did this ride for the first time. Dulzura to Jacumba hot springs.  We did some parts of the trails that lead into Carrizo Gorge. We also hit up a few single track sections of McCain Valley.

Border scene is real down there. In the second picture, take notice of the strategically placed water jugs (one in the upper left corner is hard to see), put there by desert aide volunteers (http://www.borderangels.org/). Guy I know worked with SD County Search & Rescue for 15 years and was telling me that many of the informants and Coyotés tell their people that the water jugs are a Border Patrol trap, intended to trigger motion sensors. This belief apparently has led to many deaths, as he's seen many people die within 100 yards from water jugs.

Kinda sketchy riding down there, we ran into one rancher who thought we were drug runners. We ended up talking to him for a while and got a lot of good info on the area. He was telling us he had signs on his property that said “If you can read this, you are no longer trespassing, you are now a target”.

Anyway, it was interesting to say the least, especially riding along the border wall and knowing how controversial the subject is in American politics. It was noticeable that there isn’t always border wall connection in some spots along the border.

Looking north from the Valley of the Moon summit, 32.63100°N / 116.0788°W

20160826_122916_zpsanvcdvtq.jpg

Valley_of_the_Moon_2.jpg

Valley_of_the_Moon_1.jpg

this area is my main riding focus right now . fixed the seal on my plated bike .

nice pics . 

i prolly ride the border 2-3 times a week ( lately). lots of sand washes,jumps  and views . temps are cool lately also.

looking to ride cameron corners  to jacumba thru dirt if anybody is planning something.

Becareful stay on the right side of the road, border patrol might be coming the other way, or worse ...me.

7 hours ago, 350thumper said:

this area is my main riding focus right now . fixed the seal on my plated bike .

nice pics . 

i prolly ride the border 2-3 times a week ( lately). lots of sand washes,jumps  and views . temps are cool lately also.

looking to ride cameron corners  to jacumba thru dirt if anybody is planning something.

Becareful stay on the right side of the road, border patrol might be coming the other way, or worse ...me.

I'd like to check that out myself sometime, I'll follow you.  This weekend maybe?