robertaccio

LAMC open invite Tecate trail ride

http://www.losancianos.com/events/?action=evregister&event_id=1

If you like real Baja Ca.- private rancho trail, Tecate style single track, nice @ 50 mile loop, ribbon marked trail and

with food, beverages and Baja Fools Bar!!

and party atmosphere at camp fun.

I highly recommend signing up for this.

I suck at single track ... like really, really suck. I'm as good at riding single track as kayne west is at being liked. I could probably walk the 50 miles of single track faster than I could ride it ... and by walking I'd show up w/out any broken bones.

So, the question is ... how "single track" is this really? Like, "trials" riding kinda single track ... or maybe more like woods 2nd / 3rd gear kinda single track.

I suck at single track ... like really, really suck. I'm as good at riding single track as kayne west is at being liked. I could probably walk the 50 miles of single track faster than I could ride it ... and by walking I'd show up w/out any broken bones.

So, the question is ... how "single track" is this really? Like, "trials" riding kinda single track ... or maybe more like woods 2nd / 3rd gear kinda single track.

prime visual example of the 2014 version from George, for reference purposes. And there's only one way to get better at it----ride it more.

we like both George and Fred better than KWest. glad Freds mishap was well documented......nice way to break in the 2015 350!!

Probably won't be quite like this, but close.

Oh S***. Yeah, that'd be me, like 50 times in 50 miles. People would hate me for going. I'm out.

Give me 6th gear on flowy 2 track. But, single track drop with drop-offs? Yeah. I'm an insurance claim in the making.

Have fun boys!

prime visual example of the 2014 version from George, for reference purposes. And there's only one way to get better at it----ride it more.

Not cool man. This is a video straight from the Matrix. Single track is not easy, or fun, like this vid. Don't do that to people. We all took the blue pill. We know the truth.

LOL! Hey, I actually wish I could not just keep up on a ride like this, but I'd love to have the skills, the right bike, and be in good enough shape to ride the shniggle outta trails like that. How fun would that be?! I've seen Jarvis and Birch handle bikes in crazy terrain like they're walking a stroller along the beach, but for me it's like pushing a plow, up hill, in the mud, in a hurricane.

I'll add this ride to my bucket list and maybe one day ... just one day ... I'll hit this up.

Good on you for going - be safe, and have a blast.

i am really interested but am concerned about the difficulty.

Love McCain/Lark and this looks like a very similar experience.

Is it harder, easier, the same?

The videos are so very enticing but I am old and fat, so a lot of gnarly stuff will wear me out.

"the right bike" the 50+ class of the hardcore 2014Tecate Enduro was won on a 500EXC. I think he rode it in 3rd 85% with occaisional shifts to 2nd.......

"the right bike" the 50+ class of the hardcore 2014Tecate Enduro was won on a 500EXC. I think he rode it in 3rd 85% with occaisional shifts to 2nd.....

Hmm ... 85% of the time in 3rd is not the kinda single track i was thinking this was. I could do that. I'd put my stock tank back on and take the wolfman's off. Hmmm mmm mmm. May have to rethink this one.

So, how long do these 50 miles of "heaven" take the average rider? How "un-fat" do I need to get?

Would this require a plate? Green sticker? I have no idea how things in Baja work. The private land remark suggests to me that you could do it on any bike you want.

Cool! Well I'm in the market for a single track bike. If I can get my hands on one I'll be in. Alternatively, if anyone has a buddy bike which would be suitable I'd be happy to ride/rent for the day!

I could probably do it on my DRZ. I ride it without issue in Corral and Lark, but I'm not familiar with the area so I don't want to get ahead of my skis on a heavy bike.

So, how long do these 50 miles of "heaven" take the average rider? How "un-fat" do I need to get?

the old enduro average trail speed formula was set at 24mph average, so the fastest pros would average 24 mph (maybe). we have done full math calculations and at our best hardcore railing we were in the higher teens (17 mph with sections that were more open into 20mph. So best guess is intermediate level 15MPH average for 50 mile loop, mind you this is pure wag with a little educated guessing...... plan for a safe 3 hour loop. Its not a race its a nice marked loop trail ride. stop take breaks, DRINK, snack and ride on.

I'm registered... Looking forward to this! I've been invited by a friend the past 5 years but the date has always conflicted with an annual MC trip to Utah. Trying to convince a few others to join as well. You know who you are! See ya'all there!

Glad to see you onboard Chad, you will not be disappointed

So is this a legit thread for SDAR??? its in Mexico, no real bearing or impact on local US ride zones, but does require an entry fee to cover food and drink costs along with keep everyone moto friendly tips.

My brother and I are registered. We did it last year and had a great time. Keeping my fingers crossed for some rain a couple days before. Is everyone camping out?

Hey Robert, my boy and I are in! They had a cancelation so we were able to get a spot.

woo hoooooo. my plan is sat morn early go and most likely stay over sat nite. we have a good crew for this one.

Looks like we're getting rain on Thursday! Pray for enough to keep the dust down and the traction up.

woo hoooooo. my plan is sat morn early go and most likely stay over sat nite. we have a good crew for this one.

What time are you going to hit the border? They haven't given me any directions yet.....