What an excellent weekend.

Thank you to all the volunteers who showed up. We ended up with a skeleton volunteer crew, but everyone stepped up and made the event super smooth. We got so many comments on the great job the crews did on all aspects of the ride.

Thank you to all the riders that showed. You guys also made it very memorable and smooth event. The atmosphere was super positive and jovial during the whole event. You guys were helpful to each other if someone needed it. This is why I enjoy the dualsport community so much. I especially enjoyed the dinner and raffle.

Thanks again to all, you guys/ gals are fantastic and I hope you all of you next year!

This was like my fourth or fifth year to help with The Dash. I always love to go to Butterfield Ranch for this event. It's fun, relaxed and also great to see everybody.

IMG_0011.jpg

Tracey and Deb get the crew supper started on Friday evening.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0007_1.jpg

Because the crew was so much smaller than usual, we had an over abundance of food, so nearby event guests got an unexpected bonus of taco supper.

IMG_0009_1.jpg

The night time temperature didn't get too cold until very late in the evening.

IMG_0010_1.jpg

Saturday's weather was balmy and nice.

I and the rest of the sweep crew had a great time. Spent more time getting to know some of the other club members. Great people. The dash is the first thing that goes on my calendar every year. Already looking forward to next year.

I had a fun time volunteering as a chase truck/support driver. Saw some familiar faces and met some new folks. Met WmDaniel and his Triumph Tiger, good dude and hope to have him on some big bike rides with us. I forgot to take a pic of his bike loaded up in my truck. The dinner on Saturday night was tasty...Tri-tip! I was stuffed.

A few minor injuries... A few broken bikes (sprocket issue, broken rear brake/ foot lever, some flats, low gas scenarios) but all were rideable after repairs or assistance. Got to watch some really good riders...Braaaaaap!

post-15604-0-52062300-1456161782_thumb.j

post-15604-0-14649400-1456161786_thumb.j

post-15604-0-51773700-1456161789_thumb.j

post-15604-0-98525200-1456161994_thumb.j

Had a pretty good time fun event i had to bail early on the last section had to get home before dinner, i wonder what happened to the bmw f800gs and triumph tiger that were stuck on the ledges on section 1. Hopefully they made it out ok.

The BMW did fine and rode out of Fish Creek. AdvBum and I loaded up WmDaniel's Triumph Tiger about a mile after Heart Attack Hill. Daniel was struggling in the sand and getting tired, so we made a collective decision to load him up and drive him out, which he was good with. We unloaded his bike at Borrego Springs with the help of some other Dash riders. Everybody pitched in to help.

Great to see the event come together. Had planned on riding out Sat AM for the kick off but scheduled something on top of it.

Mimi - great to see the toyhauler out there. I wish I had a place to store one as I'd be interested in the same size. It's just me interested in overnights as the others under our roof are out of the dirt.

Thanks again to all the volunteers for helping make this ride a huge success every year... Here is a ride report from one of the District 37 AMA Dualsport riders, I think he enjoyed it....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year marked the 13th year that SDAR put on the Anza Borrego Dash. This was my first time riding it and pretty much a single word can describe it...OUTSTANDING! Yet, another example of a club event that is dialed in. The experience, hard work, and dedication to Dual Sporting by this club really shows.

The Good:
Everything. Camping at Butterfield RV Park is full hook up, but, you can tent camp or rent one of their cabins. All RV spots are pull though and can fit any RV made. There's plenty of elbow room. There's 3 pools available that are clean and well kept. There's a little store for cold drinks and the various things (beer, ice, ice cream, food, propane bottles) I tend to always forget. It has a clubhouse that SDAR uses for the Saturday banquet. Really nice place to bring the family.

The Ride: This is pretty much a 'lite' Dual Sport bike ride. Think up to KTM 690. Although, a couple of big adv bikes made the ride, they are always impressive. There's a couple of "technical" spots that gave me just the right amount of challenge. Basically some smaller step ups and a nice downhill. Nothing that is going to kill you, but, keeps your attention. At each spot there were several SDAR folks on hand to assist (more on that latter). Lotsa sand, but, nothing that is too much. Just air down and learn to balance. The scenery is second to none. Some canyons, some ridges, lotsa flats, really nice-bring the camera.

GPS/Roll Charts/maps: The GPS tracks provided are easy to follow and dead on. The Tracks are layed out logically and make sense. They match up perfectly with the 'cheater map' provided, which, is also well thought out and easy to use. Bailouts, gas stops, food, etc all are easy to follow.The Roll Chart: Looked good, I didn't use it. Didn't need to, didn't want to.

The riders: Good folks, all willing to jump in and assist. Its the kinda ride where virtually every rider who passed me while I was sitting in the shade checked to see if I needed help (thumbs up/thumbs down).

Banquet: Tri-Tip for Gods Sake!!! Really good Tr-tip at that. Really good Salad, Even better Mac and Cheese (like momma used to make), corn, Tater Salad, etc. Great food served on time by great people.

The Bad: Nothing, seriously. As most have seen on my comments re LABV, I don't hold back when appropriate. SDAR nailed it!

The Ugly: Leather Chaps!!! Inside joke, however, we really do expect to see them worn next year smile.png

It's worth to note how impressive the SDAR crew was. They obviously know this area well. EMT, trail monitors, sweeps were always there to assist and gave me the confidence to push my personal limits. They literally walked folks down hills, loaded broken bikes, and generally were there to make it a safe and fun event.

This ride will be on my annual ride list.

Just got a call from Anza Borrego State Park Superintendant and her Ranger staff...no complaints, in general the riders kept speeds down and we're courteous...they were specifically monitoring our event, so thanks to all u riders for keeping up a positive dualsport image !!

Another successful Dash in the books.

Rider turnout was the lightest it's been in awhile, but all that matters is that everyone enjoyed it and had fun.

We have some plans for changing it around a bit to add more variety next year.

Thanks to everyone !!

Thank you Randy and volunteers for putting this together. Thank you to the team that carried the Tiger up the step ups and the team that carried me and the bike down the drop off. Thank you to the sweep team that got me off the rock I high centered on and for helping pick up the Tiger in the deep sand (a few times). Mike and Mike found me at just the right time. It was nice getting to know Mikey777 in his truck through Fish Creek.

We can debate the merits of a 600 plus pound 1215cc triple cylinder motorcycle in this terrain at a later time, but I have to say that bike is tough. I was not kind to it Saturday, but the ride home to Ramona Saturday night was just as comfortable as the ride in that morning.

Once again, thank you to everyone. Before I even had the opportunity to ask for help, people I never met before jumped in got me through the obstacles. You are all awesome.

My 8th Dash and no doubt will go down as one of, if not my favorite yet! Perfect weather and a great feeling of community and comraderie make all the effort worthy! Only thing that sucks is that we have to wait a year to do it again!

The riders attitudes are definitely the best part of the ride, that and the miles of smiles both before and after.

The Ugly: Leather Chaps!!! Inside joke, however, we really do expect to see them worn next year smile.png

Why not? I wore a pink TuTu on my KTM 690...LOL...

post-596-0-08870400-1456424618.jpg

Why not? I wore a pink TuTu on my KTM 690...LOL...

Randy's probably gonna wear them on his 950 se!

post-15899-0-67897100-1456504425_thumb.j

Hey, there were lots of smiles !

It's a more relaxed atmosphere when the turnout is smaller, but it's great fun no matter what the turnout.

Great pix Jim !