Tsilatipac

Exhaust inspired by Mr Ya Ya

Yes, although I'll never just ride into a dealer and have them replace my tires again. Do it myself or at least deliver the wheels and tires off the bike. A few more trips like this last one and I'd have paid for a nice tire changer and balancer. The convenience is really nice and service was great but there's a reason I'm riding a 16 year old bike...

TKC80 front

K60 rear based on recommendation.

Is that pipe pretty loud ?? Seems it would be without a silencer on it. And no spark arrestor ? Just curious if you'll ride it off-road like that.

Surprisingly, it doesn't sound any different than with the can on. The noise attenuation is all in the Cat. I wouldn't have believed it except that I heard Mr Ja Ja's. There are also several threads on it over at advrider so I went for it.

I'm a bit worried about a forest service person not liking it. My Staintune exhaust is straight through with no spark arrest either so either way I'd be in trouble-although this kind of stands out visually. There is some info that the cat also acts as a spark arrest but I don't know the validity of that claim. Either way I don't think it will pass an inspection. The forest service person probably won't want a technical discussion, they'll push a stick in the pipe and call foul... It's a modified exhaust system any way you slice it. But, it's not for power, it's not for noise, it's not to eliminate pollution devices, it is so my luggage will fit. I want the cat and wouldn't consider the y-pipe which would make it loud and allow sparks.

Lots of people riding off-road this way and I haven't seen any threads on folks having trouble. I will research more on the spark issue before heading off road but, I think it's good.

Carl

Don't know which dealer you took it to for mounting but SDBMW only charges $25 per tire if you bring them in off the bike.

OMG you lost 1/2 your swingarm, along with the muffler. (sorry I will leave now)

Just FYI, Jesse Luggage makes a bracket to lower the exhaust so luggage fits....may not be what u want if u do rocky trails.

OMG you lost 1/2 your swingarm, along with the muffler. (sorry I will leave now)

someone with graphic skillz can make a new logo kinda like a ripoff design FMF type but MYY instead of flying machine factory.

someone with graphic skillz can make a new logo kinda like a ripoff design FMF type but MYY instead of flying machine factory.

It should be MJJ. I butchered his handle. He is German, Mr. Ja Ja

HJJ.......Herr Ja Ja......he is the owner of the handle so yes.... MJJ Exhaust Systems!! and elbow here and clamp there and you're dialed!! factory finish or nickel plated?