Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

PuertaMX 6FEB2016 Rancho El Chale HS/XC

Just south of Tecate, 10-15 minutes from the border. With all the moisture this should be another good event at this

location. mixture of single track, rocky single track, open and valley tracks. usually they layout hard and easy route markers. great fun, great people, well managed, plastic trophies 1-2-3 in all classes.

be prepared for some sections of sharp rocks (wide open on shock HSCD knob!!), the courses are always novice manageable.

http://www.puertamx.com/

post-5813-0-72381100-1452813289_thumb.jp

https://www.facebook.com/PuertaMxx-121727267902380/

FYI anyone who is thinking to go, race or watch. we are meeting at the Tecate border on the right side at 0645-0700 to cross at 0700. race area is not much more than 15 minutes south of the border.

no es mucho, $45 entrada + $10 para RFID tape (puerta / Giovany usually uses contracted service for the transponder service). total $55 preregistration.

1.5 hours on a mixed terrain loop ( usually @ 6 miles around) rocks, sand, 2 track, single track, steep hills, up and down, whoops, flat, curvy, straight, actual oak grove east cost style along with manzanita lined western style stuff, also on course space for different line choices. Just wish we had more rain again.

good race course @ 6.5 mile loop with a little bit of everything. Not easy. good challenging course.

Es mucho dinero por entrada or no?

I forgot to add, that with your numbers and rfid tape comes a $20 gift card to Veys so $65-20=45 for all intents and purposes.

Pretty cool. I have been thinking about getting back into racing, and this looks like something I could tackle. Is there such a thing as gentleman's racing?

My last race was the Virginia City GP, back in the early 90's.

JW,

These races are 100% fun, Puerta MX's Giovany manages them very well with RFID tape and scoring tower along with course monitors, instant results post ride/race .

I just take them as fun no worry marked trail rides, go fast or go slow, ride to the finish. enjoy some friendly competition. enjoy the spectacle, the party atmosphere, and the nice folks south of the border, and it is the only GNCC/Closed course/short course/XC/HS racing game around these parts. "Racing" for some reason scares folks away.....how about thinking of it as its a marked/ribboned trail loop with everyone going the same direction with emer support on site. To me its safer than a trail ride at corral canyon and every bit as exciting and challenging.

RN 50+ open- viejo class.

I implore all trail riders to join the fun for these. This last course used some of past trails plus opened up new stuff on the ridgeline, it was super fun.

Participate don't spectate.

post-5813-0-63159300-1455729273_thumb.jp

same location a couple years back (just south of Tecate)

Thanks for posting that. It was cool to see how passing works, and I didn't see any terrain I could get over.

I joined their Facebook page, where I assume they post all future events. If you see one and think of it, let me know in case I missed it.