downs

Decent gun store in Lakeside area?

I'm looking for a decent little gun store in the Lakeside area to pick up a stripped lower reciver for an AR-15. ANyone have any suggestions? Maybe places that are open on Sundays?

Turners in el cajon is probably only one, el cajon gunn exchange is worst dont ever step inside ever

Turners in el cajon is probably only one, el cajon gunn exchange is worst dont ever step inside ever

Curious why the uber-negative review on El Cajon Gun Exchange? Never been there, but been to Turners in Kearney Mesa and have no problem recommending them.

I've only bought ammo from Turners and had good experince didn't go check out their firearms counter.

Gun Exchange lost my business when they wanted 40 dollars for a box of 12ga bird shot.

Ecge has always treated me like garbage and if you use the wrong word the clip or etc on accident they let you know, maybe they thouh I was a young kid that just wanted to hold every gun but that turned me off and I bought my other 25 guns in last 3 years from other local shops and turners.

Turner's is OK, check the closeout list online and they might have a stripped lower listed on clearance at a store near you for a decent price. The transfer fee's are OK if you buy from them but transfers otherwise are amazingly high, discouraging purchasing to transfer through them. Otherwise, you could do what I did and order a blemished stripped lower online from PSA (Palmetto State Armory) and transfer through a close by FFL that charges decent prices for transfers and DROS. Most of the online companies have a list of local FFL's on basis of zip code, but if they don't then someplace like gunbroker.com should have the list of FFL's with the zip code matrix. I got the lower I bought to build my wife's AR from Turner's and it's on par with what I picked up through PSA and transferred through Ambrose Armory in Escondido to build mine. BTW, Ambrose has the best price on transfer's and an amazing array of parts with a gunsmith on site. Ok, commercial aside, they're reasonable and friendly from my experience but not in your area. Just my two cents.

bought a stripped lower from Poway Arms there are on-line options as well, hell Amazon sells AR-15 parts.

Yeah I've bought a lot of little odds and ends on amazon.= especially for this rifle. I;m just about down to only needing the barrel and lower.

AO Sword in El Cajon. (yeah, it sounds weird) And Wilde Built in La Mesa. No FUD Good people @ both places.

Bump this up to the top a for a bit for another gun related question.

Anyone know where to buy reloading powder in the area other than El Cajon Gun Exchange? Would rather not deal with them unless I have to. Thought I had more in the reloading can but when I went to get my other bottle realized I was out.

Found a place close to the house. La Mesa Collectibles apparently has a full selection of reloading goodies including powder, primers ect.

Found a place close to the house. La Mesa Collectibles apparently has a full selection of reloading goodies including powder, primers ect.

With what you're reloading do you use "SMALL RIFLE PRIMERS" and if so do you need any?

Side note* Cabelas has the best prices I've found for powders. Only $20 for hazmat with no limits. (powder/primers) Catch a sale w/free shipping and It's on!

The collectibles store has a little bit of everything but bring the ATM cause you're gonna pay. Still nice to have them near.

Let me know about those primers.

SV

Yup la mesa collectibles has 1 of almost everything but their prices are high but at least they got it. BTW their reloading classes are worth it if your new

Yup la mesa collectibles has 1 of almost everything but their prices are high but at least they got it. BTW their reloading classes are worth it if your new

Why take a class for reloading....What could go wrong??????

(I would have typed that faster but I only have 3 fingers and one good eye left)

Not at the moment I only broke out the 9mm stuff and have 1000 small pistol primers right now.

Not at the moment I only broke out the 9mm stuff and have 1000 small pistol primers right now.

OK. Cabelas does have a lot of powders that are suited for 9mm right now. About $25 for a pound (Alliant brand)

Offer stands for any other reloaders on here who may need Small Rifle Primers.

Downs,I don't know what Ambrose charges, but since you're looking in East county, I've used Gussler's (Don Gussler) here in Santee for years and for every online purchase I've made. He's a great dude and also the cheapest transfer I could find anywhere around here. Happy shooting (and building)

Ambrose charges the minimum he is required to by law to do transfers, but he's up in Escondido/San Marcos area. Anything closer with decent prices is better suited. It's always good to have a list of props for good businesses, it means they're doing it right and they have happy customers.

Agreed Bson. Downs, don't know if you were looking for a particular lower, but Gussler's has stripped lowers right now for $109 (plus transfer/DROS).

I was doing some updated research from the last time I bought lowers online and, WOW, have the prices gone up. I still found an Anderson for $69.00 but they won't ship to CA and a number of other states. Considering I didn't pay over $50.00 part only for either of mine and they're both multi cal capable all aluminum (No poly Hybrids, I just don't trust them) I guess I bought at the right time. From everything I saw, I'd go with Gussler's if it's an aluminum lower, that's a decent price. I might be doing a trip up to The Shootist this weekend in Murietta and check out the deals there while I'm looking at black powder Army Colt parts for my brother in law. I'll let you know if I see anything spectacular worth mentioning that's relative.

Lower was aquired and carbine has been built test fired and BZOed.

Went to Le Mesa Collectibles for my powder and will be going to them for onesies and twosies purchases from now on. After you factor in Hazmat fees their prices are more than fair. I paid 30 dollars for a 1 lb can of Accurate #7 and their primer prices are fair as well. Unless you are buying in bulk I can say they have fair prices. I'd have to by 5 or so lbs of powder and a bunch of primers to make it worth the hazmat fees of shipping online and the guys there are real nice.