Dan Diego

WARPED XII: April 21-23 (Kernville, CA)

Who plans to go?

It looks like I'm leaving SD on Friday and returning on Sunday.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/warped-xii-april-21st-22nd-23rd-kernville-ca.1110190/

https://tjl.infusionsoft.com/app/storeFront/showStoreFrontpost-14554-0-25404300-1451668669.jpegpost-14554-0-10957000-1451668682_thumb.jpost-14554-0-27046100-1451668692_thumb.j

I just read the thread..Downs and Stoke are going too. Hmmm. I have to check the schedule.

Yeah, and some other SDAR folks are in, too.

I've missed the last couple but it looks like the planets are aligned this year.

Arnie: You going?

According to those in the know, it's mainly a drinking event.

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18015-www-warped-was-warped/?hl=warped

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17976-whos-going-to-warped/?hl=warped

I know that any and all bikes are welcome, as I saw photos of trikes, Goldwings, TW200s, big fat Beemers, hacks and even some 2-strokers.

My understanding is you run what you brung, park it, set up a tent and commence drinking, carousing and generally talking all things bikes.

But I've been wrong before.

Dan pretty much nailed it. Plenty of riding variety in Kernville, Desert, Mountains, single track, Forest service, Paved. Whatever you ride whatever your interest you can find it and someone to enjoy it with if you like. No organized rides. Just show up and find a like minded soul or just hang in camp. It's a 'do what you want" kinda event.

Typically we have about 6 different beer flavors to choose from over the weekend officially and the beer is INCLUDED along with Dinner on Sat night. Schwag raffle follows sat dinner.

I'm having a brew party at my place on the 30th to make 10 gallons to bring along for this. Other brewers bring their creations as well. Hit me or Dan up for address/ directions if you want to come meet a bunch of the attendees before the event. Even got a few people from the bay area coming down to brew.

I just read the thread..Downs and Stoke are going too. Hmmm. I have to check the schedule.

Stoke is the HDIC this year. If anything goes wrong it's all his fault!

I've been going every year since WARPED III and we're on 12 now. Always had a great time. Some years I've ridden a ton, some years the only riding I've done has been to get there and back. Can't wait for this year's event!

Thanks. I see what's going on now. An organized camping event. I'm very familiar with the riding around Lake Isabella and try to get up there once a month year round.

It's unlikely I'll be able to attend the event but would be glad to do a local brewing party. Thanks for offering.

[quote name="Dan Diego" post="205515" timestamp="1451670488"

Arnie: You going?

It's a maybe right now. Good times for sure.

Either way should get an SD group ride up there.

I'll be heading up Thursday. Going to try to find a new fun route.

I was at the first one and a few after. Most times the riding is limited due to snow on the fire roads. But everyone somehow makes a adventure out of it.

I'll be heading up Thursday. Going to try to find a new fun route.

I think the organizers (myself included) are getting up there Tuesday and spending almost the whole week up there.

Lurking with Boston Mangler. Small bikes and single track is our mission.

Oh, boy. I see trouble brewing. With an emphasis on BREW...

I read somewhere that dirt bikers are a bunch of puzzys and can't drink much beer. :heh:

I read somewhere that dirt bikers are a bunch of puzzys and can't drink much beer. :heh:

:heh: You'll be disabused of that notion at WARPED. The amount of beer consumed over the weekend is staggering. Literally.

Time draws nigh, sing up now, spots still open. Gonna be a great time.

Dan, thanks for starting this thread! I'm the organizer this year, along with Shooby, Downs, and more than a few others helping out in the background.

The basic idea is you get a ticket, and that comes with a truly outstanding campground reservation on the Kern River, a catered dinner on saturday night on site, and damn near unlimited keg craft beer. Show up and throw your tent down where there's space.

Some of the members like Shunka brew the beer on their own for us, and the rest are from microbreweries, which Shooby organized this year. Grab a cup and go.

Riding is as hard/easy/singletrack/fire road/pavement as you make it. Some guys ride hard all day, do night rides with crazy helmet lights and some guys just hang out and bullshit. Last year I did some light two up touring on and off pavement, and saw one of the most beautiful waterfalls I've ever seen.

WARPED has no agenda, no organized rides, no corporate sponsors, no bullshit-just awesome people in an awesome setting. Should be about 80 or so people this year.

We just had a guy visit Mountain and River Adventures campground yesterday, and he stated is was 85 degrees with the water level on the river looking good. Who knows what the weather will be a couple weeks from now, but all good signs.

This year we have a LOT of smaller bike guys coming, plus of course the dreadnought sized beast crowd :heh: .

The people are what make any event, and this is great people combined with outstanding riding and a really fun camp environment.

If you're thinking about coming, post up here vs going on the WARPED thread on advrider. The thread is...interesting to say the least. Lot of off color in jokes and whatnot. All in good humor, but a lot of b.s. to sort through this late in the game.

warped%202016%20logo_zpspvufljf2.jpg

Make sure you try some of the beer mustard from Kern River brewing - it's the sheet!

Looks like I'm out - flat track race is cancelled for this weekend and rescheduled for the 23rd. I trust you all will represent SD just fine without me :)

Shooby: will do, good point.

Afry, man, you missed last year's too! Bummed you can't make this one either.

Definitely going to miss this :) I always get caught up in points racing no matter what I say when I start.