Sign in to follow this  
wildwood

Anza Borrego South - Sunday 12/13

I only got a couple pic's, and here they are......

Northwest Ocotillo

post-15028-0-49979100-1450132560_thumb.j

Carrizo Wash

post-15028-0-15669400-1450132593_thumb.j

Christmas Classic pits at Superstition / Poleline, looking at 'Home Check' (finish line) for the team race that was later in the day. I looked for you Ken, must have missed you.

post-15028-0-36626800-1450132610_thumb.j

BRAAAP!!!!

post-15028-0-29694600-1450132630_thumb.j

SPOT track for the day, 98.8 mi.

I left Superstition at 3pm, barely got my helmet on before a brisk 20mph wind kicked up for the ride back to Ocotillo. Loaded up and hit the Lazy Lizard for a beer and some nachos to top off the day.

It was a good one.

post-15028-0-09660500-1450132662_thumb.j

The location of that first pic is officially called Dos Cabezas. It was an old train station and water stop on the Spreckels railway. Looks like a fun ride.

I only got a couple pic's, and here they are......

Northwest Ocotillo

attachicon.gifDscn0681.jpg

Carrizo Wash

attachicon.gifDscn0682.jpg

Christmas Classic pits at Superstition / Poleline, looking at 'Home Check' (finish line) for the team race that was later in the day. I looked for you Ken, must have missed you.

attachicon.gifDscn0683.jpg

BRAAAP!!!!

attachicon.gifDscn0684.jpg

SPOT track for the day, 98.8 mi.

I left Superstition at 3pm, barely got my helmet on before a brisk 20mph wind kicked up for the ride back to Ocotillo. Loaded up and hit the Lazy Lizard for a beer and some nachos to top off the day.

It was a good one.

We stopped off at the Red Feather on the way back for a burger. I'm not 100% sure but I think your buddy Ken was there eating as well. He mentioned something about bailing on the race early due to circumstances. We beat the wind back to the truck but the drive home was brisk!

We only did the first race. My day was pretty much done after i got t-boned by a bike that wasn't in the race.

I was doing real good untill that.

Wanted to lose my cool with the guy but he was hurt and I wasn't but watching everybody i'd passed go by sucked.

Looks like a good time. I camp not far from that Railroad crossing pretty often during the winter time. Nice clearing by a big pile of rocks lookingout kind of over the wind farm there.

That was Meatmord, SDHydro and I at the Red Feather.

I guess I should have introduced myself:) My bad...

So bummed I didn't check the forum lately. I work at the windfarm and ride all over there!

Here is a map for ocotillo superstition

http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/elcentro/maps.Par.71065.File.dat/weco_rot_map.pdf

Sorry you missed the ride.and thanks for posting the map. I have others but that one's a little nicer than most. Been riding\racing the area 40 years and still manage to find something new from time to time. One of these days we'll meet up.