Bagstr

South Carrizo Wash - December 17, Thursday 0830

Due to popular demand, we are setting up a ride out far enough for people to disentangle from the work zone. I will put up a map link in a bit.

Plated bikes, tubes, tools and water - About 85 miles or less - Sand and Rock Two Track in Anza Borrego Park. Intermediate Dez Skills suggested. Don't make this your 1st desert experience. It won't work out. Although, it would be fun to do an " Intro to the Dez " outing.

Bagstr

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zXY5IXAhBkN0.kdnNgK0wfzvw

Look at South Carrizo Parking waypoint

Gotta work early that afternoon...but it's been a while since I had a "sick" day.

Group,

As to destination: There is a basic figure 8 that I do down south. We can change or adjust to temperament. Plan for a relaxed cruise, not a race. Only a couple of step ups and descents. A few sections of deep sand that will wobble you into oblivion if you let it rattle the mind.

Generally speaking, Canyon Sin Nombre - Dos Cabezas - Railroad Big Loop, Volcanic Hills - Jojoba Wash; then north on Arroyo Seca del Diablo - Diablo Drop ( for the view not the drop ) Cut Across to Tapiado south to Carrizo Wash.

Everyone is welcome - No one left behind - fun for all These few warnings are meant for those who might want to attempt the route on anything less than full knobbies / Trials tires and at least some sand experience.

Radios set to 146.505

2 wd truck is ok for the staging area? Is it easy to find the trailhead?

Does anyone have room for me and my bike. I am in Spring Valley just South of 94 by Avocado. It's tentative since I'm not feeling great ( a little cold I think ).

Also curious about the road to the trailhead/staging area. 2WD good to go?

Are we meeting at the "South Carrizo Parking" way point?

I can be ready to ride at 8:30.

Does anyone have room for me and my bike. I am in Spring Valley just South of 94 by Avocado. It's tentative since I'm not feeling great ( a little cold I think ).

If you feel better I can most likely pick you up.I will have to ask to borrow my wifes silverado. I will pm my cell # Jim. Let me know.

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21004-quiet-day-so-carrizo-creek/

The first photo tells the story on the road, no problem for 2wd. Look at the South Carrizo Parking waypoint in satellite mode for the line of tamarisk trees. We are not doing the sand hill ( Diablo Drop ). From I-8, the town of Ocotillo north on S-2 to the eastbound So. Carrizo Wash just north of the Sweeny Grade paved switchback.

My goal is for 0830 show-up to un-load.

You guys will be passing by my place in Ocotillo! I gotta be at work unfortunately... I just rode canyon sin nombre out to valecito creek and back to S2 to Ocotillo. Pretty packed down from 4 wheelz, but fun!

post-15946-0-12427500-1450222492_thumb.j

post-15946-0-62185400-1450222743_thumb.j

On Schedule, see you riders there! Timbo. we will work on chopping up the 4wheel tracks.

P10001051000w-L.jpg

Can't make it out there until around 11. If you are doing a figure eight type route will you be coming back by the parking spot at all? If not, no worries. I will catch you next time.

Thanks for being our tour guide bags. I enjoyed the day off work ,riding 65 miles in the ABSP south. 98% dirt.