Bagstr

Dial Your Bike Day - 212 Land Track

Ok, Someone Start This Thread!!

Major Thank You to George of Suspension 101 for his Inspiration and Work to make this event happen. That was one busy shop trailer!

Met some of the gang and missed many more. Boy that track felt Alien after 40 + years of abstinence, After a few adjustments the bike felt more balanced, and then I knew I was in trouble. All that was left was to go faster and faster and higher and higher. ( Description is relative to my tenuous skill level )

+1 on the above.

Also note to the guy that George pointed me to for off road rider basics, I apologize for getting side tracked with my crew and not connecting with you. I was also playing touchy feely with my machine.

Thanks george for setting this up had a blast. First time on track and what did I bring a 450lb pig but damn was it fun. I cleared the track both times around dunno if it was the fire breathing monster or the big girl and me all over the track, got some decent air a couple of times hopefully pictures came out. Good meeting alot of you. Until next time

Ok, Someone Start This Thread!!

Major Thank You to George of Suspension 101 for his Inspiration and Work to make this event happen. That was one busy shop trailer!

Met some of the gang and missed many more. Boy that track felt Alien after 40 + years of abstinence, After a few adjustments the bike felt more balanced, and then I knew I was in trouble. All that was left was to go faster and faster and higher and higher. ( Description is relative to my tenuous skill level )

+1 Really fun day of riding the track, catching a little air and hanging out with SDAR members. My bikes sag was way out of adjustment. A few minutes with George and bam, the bike really responded well to the stiffer back spring setting.

I didn't see George stop once all day. A dinner at Alpine Beer Company for you and your wife is definitely in order, compliments of this grateful SDAR member.

Most of my pics sucked, but here's a couple decent ones.

BP619

post-15028-0-35854100-1447346912_thumb.j

My buddy Dave on his new KTM500

post-15028-0-30506800-1447346927_thumb.j

Pits

post-15028-0-40682900-1447346949_thumb.j

George's trailer. If you look closely, you'll see smoke rolling out of it. He was hitting it hard. Thanks, George!

post-15028-0-55910400-1447346980_thumb.j

Yes! Thank you George, I had an awesome time. Never stopped by in the afternoon because I was on the damn bike until the moment I had to leave. Looking forward to more of this.

Fun and windy day with SDAR, putting faces to the names. Did I mention it was windy and colllllddddd. Great day glad I showed up, was worth the ride out there. Special thanks to Wildwood and his buddy for the help. Much appreciated.

Side note, my tire was really low as I left and had to air up or try too by the side of the road, 4 trucks with bikes in the back passed bye not one of them stopped to see if I was ok or needed help, just hope none were SDAR members.

post-16010-0-71113100-1447352337_thumb.j

post-16010-0-70001500-1447352359_thumb.j

post-16010-0-11117000-1447352384_thumb.j

post-16010-0-14686000-1447352409_thumb.j

Thanks for organizing this George !! Looked like everyone was having a good time. Also Thanks for letting me ride your XR650 R.

Was good to see and meet the SDAR members....I missed a few of you though.

Thanks George and family. Good to meet you Rojodog. Thanks Randy and Jacob. Wish I would have met more of you.

I had a great day out there on the main track. I was the first one out there. I did a nice hour long moto. Nice to see some of you again.

Oh and didn't I see someone taking photos out there. Maybe you got me around the corner on the main?

Wow, I can't thank you all enough for a great day at 212Land. We are so grateful to so many of you, I know I say it all the time, but it is just hard to figure out. why this group of off road motorcycle riders are such good people. I kind of expect it at our church. but Motorcycle Riders?

Objectives were mostly met,

Helped many of you folks improve your bikes.

Help Austin keep 212 Land healthy as I know Austin works his tail off. After all, that is what America is all about. Work hard and prosper. Austin treats people really well, good guy.

Last but not least do a good turn for Semper Fi Fund. One of the best most efficient charities on this earth!

We certainly did not expect 80 riders.

I thank my wife Jan, she bought lots of extra food and after two runs to the store was able to feed all of you. Including Jon, who from what I hear ate 3 double doubles and a hot dog extra cheese. No wonder he needs heavier springs for his YZ.

I want to thank each one of you for your donations to Semper Fi Fund. We received $300.00 and my family will be matching that for $600.00 donation total.

My helper was unable to make it so I was overrun. I helped as many as I could and I did get some good feedback, I thank you for your patience. It was a learning experience. For the many of you that helped me out THANK YOU!

Ty I thank you for taking control of my camera and taking about 400 great pictures. You are the man!

LINK to Pictures

https://flic.kr/s/aHskkDbBHY

Time to start thinking about next year and I need your feedback. What would make it better. It would be really good to give more to Semper Fi Fund.

I need suggestions as it is all about keeping it fun for you.

?

Camping

2 day event

Events / games

Maybe Jon Pasta Pilot might like an eating contest?

3 sag setting stations

Time for more in depth fine tuning

Nice to catch up with some of the SDAR gang yesterday. I'm afraid that my go fast/jump days are long behind me, so the tracks were not of too much interest to me.....but I did find some mischief to get into on some little trails out there. ^_^

Location more trail sections. Was a lot of bushwacking not much trail testing. Sag setting station sounds nice. Probably would have been a lot better if your helper showed up to relieve you but you killed it george.

P.s. thanks for taking picture ty turned out great

trails take time.......that's all I will say for now.

Had to post these since no other adventure bike make it out on the track. Thanks for pics ty and suspension george

post-15045-0-06219300-1447368451.jpg

post-15045-0-62273300-1447368462.jpg

Looks like A fun day. Wish I had the day off! I still need to lower my bike some without changing handling too much.I will contact you George.

Had to post these since no other adventure bike make it out on the track. Thanks for pics ty and suspension george

That is a big bike for track riding.

Thanks George for your dangerous ideas! I thought the day was a success. Meatmord was tooling around giddy he was having so much fun at the track. I got some really good MX pointers from Austin. Riding with my buds all day was awesome. Good people and great times. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my day off for Veterans Day. Thanks to Robertaccio for hooking me up with various two stroke pipes to test out on the Husky.post-15422-0-10289300-1447389540_thumb.jpost-15422-0-89250600-1447389557_thumb.jpost-15422-0-91129300-1447389585_thumb.j

Had a blast! Didn't quite know what to expect so brought up the KTM 500 EXC. Would've rather had the CR450 for the track but this was the first time I've had a 270lb dual sport bike on a track!! Not necessary the best match but I was smiling the whole time. Pretty cool that our "dirt bikes with a plate" could still handle the doubles. I did bottom out regularly on the big ones but George helped me figure that out. Sincere appreciation for George and his wife for pulling this together. Great time, great memory. Great to meet some of the the SDAR crew there in person. If we do this again, would like to see the SemperFI fund become more important to the participants/riders. With that many riders, we could have raised more $.

...my 2 cents

I agree but that is on me. Next year I will charge for food and give that to Semper Fi Fund.

Add a raffle and some sponsors and it will come around.

I agree but that is on me. Next year I will charge for food and give that to Semper Fi Fund.

Add a raffle and some sponsors and it will come around.

I'll be there.

sounds like this should be an every 6 month event.......