Thinking about crossing at Tecate early Saturday morning, race day, and heading south to the course. Basic plan is to find a fun spot off the track and set up camp before they get there and watch the action. Spend the night and then head back on Sunday. Anybody ever do this? Anybody else want in?

I think the race starts on Friday.

Granted, if you're on the north end along Hwy 3 you'll either be at the very beginning or near the very end. You could spectate near-ish to the Caselli monument.

Oops, just checked and your right. Guess I'll head out on Friday. I was thinking somewhere along that stretch.

That's the return route. You're not going to see as many vehicles and they'll be large gaps between them. The start of the race is more fun to watch. You see all of the vehicles over a short period of time and they're closer together so you see more passing and nerfing action. About 100 miles into the race is good. The classes start getting mixed up and it gets interesting. The lead vehicle usually averages around 45 mph. I use that to estimate where I need to be on the course at a given time. ex. They'll be around 450 miles into the race after 10 hours.

Here is a video that I took a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZid6kpJfg

Oops, just checked and your right. Guess I'll head out on Friday. I was thinking somewhere along that stretch.

What about leaving SD on Thursday and setting up camp on the Pacific coast Thursday night. Depending on your location around 8-9am the bikes will come roaring by. You could stay in the spot most of the day then head home after the last trucks come through (it will be a madhouse of cars / trucks on the roads heads up).

Say around Coyote Cals?

That's the return route. You're not going to see as many vehicles and they'll be large gaps between them. The start of the race is more fun to watch. You see all of the vehicles over a short period of time and they're closer together so you see more passing and nerfing action. About 100 miles into the race is good. The classes start getting mixed up and it gets interesting. The lead vehicle usually averages around 45 mph. I use that to estimate where I need to be on the course at a given time. ex. They'll be around 450 miles into the race after 10 hours.

Even tough I love this stuff their is a piece of me that tells me to stay away from watching this race at one of these major areas.

Thinking about crossing at Tecate early Saturday morning, race day, and heading south to the course. Basic plan is to find a fun spot off the track and set up camp before they get there and watch the action. Spend the night and then head back on Sunday. Anybody ever do this? Anybody else want in?

Sorry I am out at this time .I was going to go but something come up .

(it will be a madhouse of cars / trucks on the roads heads up).

That's kind of what I wanted to avoid. I'm okay with them being spread out and being in a mellower environment. I've been to a bunch of Score events, just not in Baja and watching the top dogs bring it in the last leg has been pretty cool. I'm definitely open to suggestion though if we want to plan something.

Even tough I love this stuff their is a piece of me that tells me to stay away from watching this race at one of these major areas.

Hahaha,,, Yeah,, I hear ya,,,

mmm,,, so If I am doing my math right,,, and am setup somewhere by the Caselli Memorial (700ish miles in),,, the top bikes will be coming through around 9pm?

I am in Ensenada until the 24th after the race.If anyone wants to come by for a beer or pre run ride let me know.The house is at 12th and Montezuma , White house with sailboat in front .I have email but no phone .I usually go watch the start a few miles out before Ojos and then go watch the finish early morning

The Ojos Negros jump is the most infamous spot on the course. That's the craziest I've ever seen it. Spectator turnout is a lot lower since the economy took a dip. I honestly think the population in Ensenada has dropped. It's a lot easier to get around during the race. The course is running the other direction this year so they won't be hitting the hill from the right side. Zoo road is a popular spot on the San Felipe side but it can get nuts too. Really dusty and vehicles taking multiple tracks.

I use 45mph to make sure I get there on time. It will likely be a little lower. Motorcycles start at 6am, Trucks and cars at 11am.

I am actually thinking of doing the same thing and San Felipe or Ojos Negros are my choice.I can only leave after 03:00pm on Friday which means either spot is ok I will be on the big bike if I go to San Felipe mile 630 but will use my Polaris rzr if I go and watch in Ojos mile 780. So I will need to be in San Felipe at 08 00pm to watch the first bike going thru there and midnight for Ojos Negros.

I agree with everyone that the start of the race is the most fun I was at Mike's Sky Rancho when the second KTM rider was told to get off the bike....they are done racing he was told after the death of caselli.

I will be down around El Rosario with my bike, and my chase truck, hopefully by thursday night. All on bike are welcome to our beers and campfire.

Was talking to RJ couple days ago I think he mentioned he has the #1 qualifying time.

I believe there was mention of 350k for suspension.

Reximus,

We'll "look" for you! We will be a group of 3 KTM 500s. I have super bright Baja Designs headlight and my buddy has a massively bright bar light so if you see us wave and we'll pull over. Look forward to hearing about your experience. I'll bring back lots of GoPro footage. Stay safe!

Best,

Schweddy

Reximus is there now for 301x.

301x escapes an accident here:

:weird: