Sign in to follow this  
motobob

New bike extended warranty

Hey guys, has anybody got a extended warranty on a new bike from some place other than a dealer? and by what company and was it worth it in your opinion

Might want to describe the bike. Most mx and ktm are only 6 months if any and more adventure style are 2 years. From experience on my polaris rzr I know not a moto bike but similar extended warranty was worthless cause the maintance intervals for internal motor parts like pistons and cranks are around 100hrs. Plus you have to prove everything like air filter changes and oil changes if you do yourself. And air filter changes are every ride if you read the manual. Most bikes now will last 150-200+ hrs easy if you keep up on valve checks, oil changes and air filters.

My experience has been that the ones from the dealer are a separate company anyway. I also found them to be extremely negotiable....as in 30% of their stated cost. I haven't had any claims against the policies I've purchased so can't answer that side of it.

Hey thanks for the replies, the bike is 2015 wr450f, they say this only comes with a 30 day warranty wich is kinda bothersome for a 8,000 purchase