Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Moto GP Final - A Shakespearian Tragedy

I disagree. Rossi may not be the rider he was in his 20s, but that doesn't mean he's lashing out at the young gun Marquez to prove himself. I stopped reading at "gratuitous viloence" as a race was in progress and Marquez had repeatedly drifted wide in turns when Rossi was behind him. The way the two went back and forth tells me Marquez was faster that day but kept dropping back to slow Rossi and allow his teammate Lorenzo to extend his lead. After a close call on a pass Rossi even looked back at Marquez as to give him a warning to stop clowning around. A few turns later, Rossi went slow and wide and Marquez didn't react in time bumping Rossi who responded with an extended knee. Game over, Marquez. Lesson learned from a 9 time champion.

Max Biaggi was 41 when he won his last World Superbike Championship. I think Rossi has a few more years of championship contention in GP.

Rossi FFFed this one up....played into Marcs game. as far as on the track he won.....but its getting him nothing- never play another mans game.

all the videos and jokes coming out of it are great though....last one I saw is from an Italian sports rag...rossi says he really lifted his leg to fart. miley cyrus wrecking ball one cracked me up as well

Rossi pissed Marquez off and ultimately paid the price. Bummer! Be great if he still won the championship.

I am not a fan of either Lorenzo or Marquez so if someone interesting does not come down the pike I may be out for a bit if Rossi retires.

I disagree. Rossi may not be the rider he was in his 20s, but that doesn't mean he's lashing out at the young gun Marquez to prove himself. I stopped reading at "gratuitous viloence" as a race was in progress and Marquez had repeatedly drifted wide in turns when Rossi was behind him. The way the two went back and forth tells me Marquez was faster that day but kept dropping back to slow Rossi and allow his teammate Lorenzo to extend his lead. After a close call on a pass Rossi even looked back at Marquez as to give him a warning to stop clowning around. A few turns later, Rossi went slow and wide and Marquez didn't react in time bumping Rossi who responded with an extended knee. Game over, Marquez. Lesson learned from a 9 time champion.

Max Biaggi was 41 when he won his last World Superbike Championship. I think Rossi has a few more years of championship contention in GP.

This is the way I saw it too.

Agree with Pasta but unfortunately Rossi now has to start in the back next race.

The Final Verdict will be determined by the Respect or Lack-Of by the mid-field riders between Vale and the juveniles at the front. Will they allow him a Line Direct to the First Group Or say we have lost respect, good luck. IMO

Hard to believe there will not be a show. Major emotion + Horsepower + Last Race = ?!?!

If anything....it sure makes the sport fun to watch. Not just guys going around a track over and over.

This is the way I saw it too.

+1 !!!!

Never liked Marquez or Lorenzo !

I do like Dani Pedrosa, Marquez`s team mate !

Note and additional from above post...I would love to see the "backmarkers" yield to Vale so he can get open track to the front and race head to head for the win. Would be cool to watch the field peel open so he can just split to the front- Moses Rossi parting the MotoGP field..... I have a feeling the Italian riders will yield, there is very much Nat pride issues at play here as well as big money sponsors and of course the high roller Spanish money guys of MotoGP from DORNA and the other groups.

Note and additional from above post...I would love to see the "backmarkers" yield to Vale so he can get open track to the front and race head to head for the win. Would be cool to watch the field peel open so he can just split to the front- Moses Rossi parting the MotoGP field.....

X2!

Every rider at every race should just pull over and let Valentino win. That would be the sporting thing to do, and Valentino could win even more championships.

he didn't need anyone to move over, he sliced up to the front.....but fact is he did write his own book, and stole his own chances for another championship away- 100% his fault.
Played into Marc's game, Marc learned his rub and kept on pestering him, until he broke and acted out against the upstart, Marc played the crap out of Vale, Vale caused his own championship title chance to be lost. If I Yamaha team boss I would have had a strong sit down with him after the first complaining session that was before the-knee push incident. PS I don't realyy think he wanted wreck Marc but did want to swat him for sure.
Matt, Make no mistake about my thoughts on this subject (Rossi FFd himself up). Lorenzo was in it to the end and with 6(7 now) wins on the season was not only steady but his tactics were sound and he won, signs of his maturity and sound championship tactics.

Men,,,Is it any wonder we end up on the Battle Field so often,,,?

" He gained 11 places on the first lap alone and reached fourth place with 18 of the 30 laps remaining. " BBC

"Today was embarrassing for everybody," he said.

"It was unbelievable, the behaviour of Marquez is something very bad for everything, especially for the sport.

"It is something that nobody expects, because a Honda rider that made a Yamaha rider win and give the maximum just to push out his team-mate is something that nobody expects and I think it is very, very bad news.

"Anyway, it is like this, we have to accept it." Rossi

"Marquez shadowed Lorenzo throughout the race, visibly riding hard to stay with the Yamaha rider but never making a pass. The pair were then caught by Dani Pedrosa in the closing stages. "

"Lorenzo told the Movistar MotoGP TV channel shortly after Sunday's race that Marquez and Pedrosa's Spanish nationality had 'helped' him during the race, saying: “They knew what I had in play. The fact they are Spaniards like me helped me. That helped me because for sure in another kind of race they would have tried to overtake, which they didn't this time. "

“If Valentino had been in my position and with Italians behind they would have done exactly the same. The title had to be for Spain.” Crashnet

the biz ness of racing----follow the big money title sponsor money the old intertube adage (which we all hate) Just Sayen......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movistar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repsol

Lorenzo Espana movistar

Marquez Espana repsol

Pedrosa Espana repsol

Rossi Italy movistar

MotoGP Espana DORNA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorna_Sports

All that said- Rossi still FFFd his own championship chances away.

Rossi screwed up in that rain race when he stayed out to long before changing bikes. He lost at least 10 points there. However Lorenzo was the fastest guy most of the season. It just pissed me off the Marquez never tried to pass him once during the race.