PastaPilot

Moto Trip Nov (5,6) 7,8

I've been off my dirt scooter since a Kennedy Meadows trip in July. For most of us a 4 month hiatus from riding is far too long, for me it's 4 x "far too long".

Prompted by a call from MtManSeth, we're going out exploring in the mountains around Lake Isabella that weekend. Depending on how the work schedule plays out, I may leave on Thursday but certainly Friday night.

My plan is to camp at Keyesville Management Area. Since I haven't been on the bike in so long, the first day of riding will be spent exploring the Greenhorn mts South of Rt 155. Lot's of dirt roading, looking for interesting sites, and hunting for new and old singletrack. I haven't spent much time in that area in the last couple years but there are plenty of fun trails and sites to see. Including a lookout tower that is available for weekend rental.

The weekend riding will be used to re-introduce myself and introduce Seth to the incredible riding in the greenhorns North of Rt 155 and perhaps some hidden gems on the Kern Plateau on the other side of the Kern River.

I'm still waiting on a confirmation from Seth for these plans, but he tells me he's riding that weekend.

I know Crawdad has a ride for that weekend but my plated bike is still PNO. If anybody else wants to ride their sticker or plated bikes in the big pines they are welcome to join in. Other than the "first day exploration cruise" the rides are typically in the 50-70 mile range and predominantly intermediate or higher skill level singletrack.

thanks, I guess I should have looked at the maps before I start typing....

That is a bit far for a one day ride trip.

Looks like great riding country...should be nice weather for you up there. :coolio:

Jon

I have this weekend free (October 31) and wanted to ride. Weather at kern is 70 let me know if you would be interested in making it a double header. If not and I opt not to go to kern I would like to ride Big bear or Idywild Sunday. According to how work lines up maybe I can still make it next week

Don

Don,

I can't ride this weekend, but let me know about next weekend. I just got another "possible" for next weekend.

Jon

Jon

Looks like I am local for this w/e . Next looks good for 7-8 see how work goes for the extended.

Do you know if Greenhorn is closed ?

Don