Crawdaddy

Aftermarket Headlight Bulb - 2013 KTM 500XC-W

The stock headlight bulb is fried on my 500. I'm picking up a Squadron XL from Baja Designs but that may take a while. I've heard/read there is a better avenue to pursue than simply picking up a replacement stock bulb . Can someone please send me in the right direction with a link? Thanks.

Cdad,
I have the squadron but I've seen the light mentioned above. (Eg. EddieEarl has it). It puts out amazing light. Not as bright but almost....but at 1/4 the price it's an awesome light and what I would install if the squadron ever takes a dive.

Cyclops led. Crazy bright and only $60

Yup. It's what I use, so you know it must be good and an excellent option based on intensive research.

Yup. It's what I use, so you know it must be good and an excellent option based on intensive research.

^ Translation: PMB bought it while he was drunk on the internet.

All set - ran over to Baja Designs during the noon hour.....

They repaired the ground on the 350 Squadron XL (apparently they now have a better design with crimped ground rather than soldered ground).

Snagged another Squadron XL for the 5-Hundo.......two spots high two fogs low.......bring on the darkness!!!

They also have a new bottom bracket that's just a tad longer so you can push the light back in/lower the beam/stop pointing at the trees......

075E0206-8F65-4E41-8A27-3357AEC786E8_zps

The BD Lights are terrific once you get them aimed . Drilling bracket and hitting the target is like Dancing with a new partner. Also, the One Touch Dimmer works well as far as I can tell from my side of the light.

Bags

The BD Lights are terrific once you get them aimed . Drilling bracket and hitting the target is like Dancing with a new partner. Also, the One Touch Dimmer works well as far as I can tell from my side of the light.

Bags

Skipped the dimmer on both of my non EXC KTMs......I just run the low beam 90% of the time then crush the high beam when/if necessary.

There's a new elbow on the bottom that allows you to push the light back a hair deeper......now I'll light up the road instead of the trees......