putt_putt

new guy from Fallbrook

Hi everyone, I just picked up a DR250se to have some weekend fun. I've had a great time riding streetbikes (Honda Magna, Suzuki Bandit 1200) for a few years commuting daily and sport riding but with a baby on the way I decided to get out of street riding while I'm still ahead.

This is my first foray into dirt riding although I've ridden downhill mountain bikes for years and would say I'm faster than most and slower than some at that.

So far I've ridden Tenaja trail from De Luz and up Harrison Grade. Looking for some other local riders to accelerate the learning process. I'm down to ride the street to get to some good riding but with the family situation my time is limited :/

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and gals and having some fun exploring.

Welcome aboard. Your MTB experience will be helpful and when temps cool a bit, there'll be even more rides to join in - or post one up. Many here just need a push off the fence to get out.

Welcome lot of people from the Yankee side of san diego showing up lately should be some good ride coming up

Welcome to the club. Jump in on some rides and things will come together.

My bicycling experience comes in handy every time I ride; balance, maintaining inertia, traction control...it all comes into play and should serve you well. welcome to the club