Well, a Honda Trail 90 has been offered as sacrifice for a potential trip.  May even leave it and fly back!

In similar torture fashion, a TW200 was brought up.  There have been Saddlesore 1000 - Iron Butts completed on TWs

No pretend, heading all the way down starting in mid to late March with Doc Holliday in the sidehack....Camp and cook as much as possible, just us 2, or a buddy from Tombstone, Gene might join me with his co-pilot Chaco in his Sidehack.

Will take our sweet time.

Not coming back, taking ferry to mainland Mexico to continue heading south.

20161206_134625.jpg

9 hours ago, KTMrad said:

No pretend, heading all the way down starting in mid to late March with Doc Holliday in the sidehack....Camp and cook as much as possible, just us 2, or a buddy from Tombstone, Gene might join me with his co-pilot Chaco in his Sidehack.

Will take our sweet time.

Not coming back, taking ferry to mainland Mexico to continue heading south.

20161206_134625.jpg

Nice! Twelve legs on an adventure!

best bike.....that's completely open to personal opinion and what you have to use.

A group of my crew just did a six day @ 1400 mile peninsula run. a couple Austrian 350s, Honda 450 and 650, and some Austrian 450s and 500s. so the range was FE350-XR650, they rode some real single track along with the dirt road and paved sections along the way. They had pretty much zero issues all are B-A level riders and ride smart (no hooliganism/high risk behavior, for the most part). 

6 hours ago, robertaccio said:

best bike.....that's completely open to personal opinion and what you have to use.

A group of my crew just did a six day @ 1400 mile peninsula run. a couple Austrian 350s, Honda 450 and 650, and some Austrian 450s and 500s. so the range was FE350-XR650, they rode some real single track along with the dirt road and paved sections along the way. They had pretty much zero issues all are B-A level riders and ride smart (no hooliganism/high risk behavior, for the most part). 

Did they have a chase truck?

Based on mileage, I assume they rode 1 way down.  Did they drive back or fly?

KTMrad, how many days do you anticipate?

7 minutes ago, Goofy Footer said:

Did they have a chase truck?

Based on mileage, I assume they rode 1 way down.  Did they drive back or fly?

Chase truck yes, they rode @ 200 per day, stayed at pre planned hotels every night, rode from early morn into darkness on some days.

loaded bikes onto truck/trailer for return. most flew wives into the cape and flew back, ride coordinator and chase trucker drove back casually.  

4 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

Days....more like weeks....no idea, as long as it takes, but I'm not on a schedule like most people would be.

12 minutes ago, KTMrad said:

Days....more like weeks....no idea, as long as it takes, but I'm not on a schedule like most people would be.

Thats a ---- load of tacos and cervezas

I've been leaning towards the idea WR250R.  6 speed, fuel injection, 60mph, big stator

Ride it there over a mix of dirt and slab back.  Buy it used, ride it and sell it again if desired - nothing fancy.

might post a WR250R thread separately

20 hours ago, Goofy Footer said:

I've been leaning towards the idea WR250R.  6 speed, fuel injection, 60mph, big stator

Ride it there over a mix of dirt and slab back.  Buy it used, ride it and sell it again if desired - nothing fancy.

might post a WR250R thread separately

I've been wanting to do this trip and always seem to get side tracked. My idea of this trip is not a "Rip to the tip" but rather "Chill to the tip". I like the idea of the wr250r as a dependable bike that will eat slab if needed, ride it and sell it.

The rumors of a Crf450 Rally would be interesting if Honda builds it and sells it in our market.

I'll be watching your wr250r thread if you go that route.

6 minutes ago, Afry said:

I've been wanting to do this trip and always seem to get side tracked. My idea of this trip is not a "Rip to the tip" but rather "Chill to the tip". I like the idea of the wr250r as a dependable bike that will eat slab if needed, ride it and sell it.

The rumors of a Crf450 Rally would be interesting if Honda builds it and sells it in our market.

I'll be watching your wr250r thread if you go that route.

There have been plenty of Rally bike rumors..

What about your 950se?

Also, iirc, does your buddy still have a WRR?  I think it needed suspension work or something?