So let's pretend that you have some vacation this fall / spring and yes, you've been itching about a Ride to Cabo...

Describe your ideal trip.

Hotel or camping?

Ride back or trailer the moto and drive / fly back?

You and how many amigos are going?

..and what bike are you taking!

blog_balandra.jpg

02-baja-beach.jpg

4 guys total and hotel just to keep stuff light and fast paced. Love my husky 350 but for that fuel injected wr450f. Ride down then 4 day stay in cabo then ride back. Camping would be awesome but with tent bag and pad thats a lot of gear. Plus my back cant do that for 1200 miles while sleeping on ground

Ride there and back

4 riders sounds perfect

Hotel and camp. Maybe a chase truck.

4 days in cabo yes.

Drooling now.

4 guys, motels, tequila, beer, tacos, swim suit. Ride down and back - on KTM twins. One day in Cabo, one day in Cabo Pulmo diving, one day in Los Barriles fishing, one day in Loreto chillin, one day in Santa Rosalia fishing, one day in Bay of LA chillin.

4 guys, motels, tequila, beer, tacos, swim suit. Ride down and back - on KTM twins. One day in Cabo, one day in Cabo Pulmo diving, one day in Los Barriles fishing, one day in Loreto chillin, one day in Santa Rosalia fishing, one day in Bay of LA chillin.

What he said....

I went with a group of 5 two years ago. You might've seen the ride report.

http://ineverfinishanyth.blogspot.com/2013/11/baja-ride-2013-san-diego-to-cabo-and.html

We lost one guy the first day before San Vicente. Four made it to Cabo. The clinic was good and cheap, though...

They were all SuperMoto riders who treated Hwy 1 like the track on a Saturday.

Some broken bones and broken bikes and a hella good time.

Travel light. Stay in hotels. Any bike will do, if you plan on staying on pavement. We did "plan" that but it didn't work out as the "shortcut" was dirt.

Respect Hwy 1; it was made for 45 MPH (or the KPH equivalent). It's taken down a lot of decent drivers/riders. Don't ride at night or before dawn.

I know that sounds cheesy, but...

HMU if you need info.

But visit The Office...

DD the Office is an overpriced tourist trap now. $50 for lobster

..what???

Our plan is 4 to 5 riders plus Tim Morton and his crew, Baja Bound Adventures.

Like Cameron Steel's - Desert Assasins Rip To The Tip without all the dust.

Ride down on the best technical stuff on small bikes 450-525cc stay at resorts with great

Food and drinks. We fly home while Tim's crew takes care of the bikes.

I like bajarim's idea...singletrack down (not TOO tech please), kick it in Cabo 2 days, then fly back home while somebody else worries about the bikes. Hotels all the way, OR a chase truck with sleeping arrangements

DD the Office is an overpriced tourist trap now. $50 for lobster

..what???

I spent nothing but a few pesos at The Office. We lived like locals.

We bought a case of Mexican beer from a store nearby, borrowed a guy's cooler and drank our beers in the water. What about The Office costs any money?

Seriously, I don't do tourist stuff in Mexico often--just Mike's once in a while.post-14554-0-54664500-1439648551_thumb.j

Why tell people to go to The Office when you didn't even go to The Office? lol.

Go to Cabo Wabo!

(no seriously, don't, it's as bad as The Office.)

I should've made clear that The Office I referred to was a beach area (not a restaurant/bar).

It was a way of saying, "I'm at the office" while you're drinking beers and soaking in the water. I like that particular area a lot.

I did spend a night of drinking at Cabo Wabo, too. I enjoyed it. I do touristy stuff like this and Mikes Sky Rancho now and again.post-14554-0-96601300-1439652258_thumb.j

I thought we did this already.

I'm taking the 450.

I'll be at Palmilla. adios

Palmilla is great that's where we stayed last time, not at the hotel but better next door at the golf community. I like your style Jon.

How long does it typically take to get there, riding 400-ish road miles per day? Is that realistic?

What season is best? I know it's too hot right now, but when?

3 days down on the road would be best so your not killing yourself. 4 would be better with a little dirt thrown in. My wife and I always stay at Las Ventanas al Parisio http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/las-ventanas-los-cabos?gclid=COW2g9Htq8cCFQUMaQodbTQKYwif your going to spent the time and money why not stay at the best.

CiD

3 days down on the road would be best so your not killing yourself. 4 would be better with a little dirt thrown in. My wife and I always stay at Las Ventanas al Parisio http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/las-ventanas-los-cabos?gclid=COW2g9Htq8cCFQUMaQodbTQKYwif your going to spent the time and money why not stay at the best.

CiD

You prefer it to The One and Only?

Last time I was in Cabo spent a weekend shooting things like this:

beach.jpg

CiD

You prefer it to The One and Only?

By far, and I've been at both.

Ha! This is Turning into an Oil & Tire Thread. (:-)

Ha! This is Turning into an Oil & Tire Thread. (:-)

It is NOT!!!!

Ditto, except I'd skip LA Bay and spend an extra day in Cabo Pulmo or Los Barriles if the diving or fishing is especially good. I've been thinking about a similar trip this fall and I'd be taking the F800GS, the only bike I have.

BUMPing this thread

I'm starting to explore the itch of a potential Cabo-ish ride.  Dirt there would be killer, the issue is the Return.  True dirtbikes on the hwy for 2-3 days back would not be fun. 

Considering the sometimes very lengthy sections without gas if taking dirt routes, a fuel efficient or large capacity tank bike would be ideal. 

Dirt route difficulty guides the bike of choice.  I prefer smaller displacement (<500) single cylinder bikes but am open to ideas.  Currently the thought of a WR250R or DR650 with a big tank sounds decently tempting.