Bluhdow

Encinitas-ish Shop

New owner of a DRZ400S and just wondering if anyone has recommendations for a local shop. I'm in Encinitas and need someplace to go for basic servicing and maintenance.

Thanks!

what do you mean basic service and maintenance? I always suggest that owners of the bikes do maintenance themselves. It is not that hard and really does make you know your own bike much better if something goes wrong out on the ride. Lots of good advice can be had from fellow members. We will be having maintenance days again. This is where members come together to do maintenance and help others do their own. There really is not a shop in Encinitas but there are several in Oceanside and Vista.

just do what I do... get a cheap manual, do it yourself, then ask tom to fix what I screwed up. It's really not that hard... yeah; we'll have a maintenance day again, and somebody can show you how to adjust the valves. but do get a manual... shop labor is not cheap, and if you can swing a wrench, you can just fix it yourself more often than not

My DRZ has been pretty bulletproof considering the torture I inflict upon it

just do what I do... get a cheap manual, do it yourself, then ask tom to fix what I screwed up. It's really not that hard... yeah; we'll have a maintenance day again, and somebody can show you how to adjust the valves. but do get a manual... shop labor is not cheap, and if you can swing a wrench, you can just fix it yourself more often than not

Yes what Bob said. I do not have much time or motivation to do my own maintenance but buying A few tools is cheap and with some patience most things like oil change and such is simple.Bonus to have ability for some trailside repairs. Removing tank and seat makes most things accessible.

Yes what Bob said. I do not have much time or motivation to do my own maintenance but buying A few tools is cheap and with some patience most things like oil change and such is simple.Bonus to have ability for some trailside repairs. Removing tank and seat makes most things accessible.

Clean your air filter often,like bikeslut.

Maintenance days sounds great! Definitely want to get in on that.

As for the normal maintenance stuff, hopefully I can sync up with one of you guys for my first run through on the basics. Oil, coolant, air filter, valves, etc. Just want to make sure I do it once, and do it right.

Thanks!

Yeah that sounds like good info for you, don't forget youtube for basic stuff theres multiple videos out there going step by step. bikebandit.com is coming out with some good youtube videos showing a full work on maintance for mainly dirt bikes.

I use Google video 4 most maintenance...

But as far as shops go , Vista motorcycles is near you kinda.