Nice choice!

Good first sport bike. If you ever decide to go up in CC's after getting more experience, the R6 is a great tracker too. Let's go for a ride sometime!

Thanks all, I am very pumped. Mikey777, I would love to go for a ride. Ill be outta town next weekend, but maybe the weekend after that. Obviously Ill be feeling her out for a bit and taking it easy. Too damn fun.

Street bikes just sort of happen at the dangedest times. :smile_anim:

Always ride your own ride, dirt or street. I basically taught myself how to street ride...initially. Had I known just a few basic things (like relaxed body positions, loose hands, and "turning points"), I would have been much better/safer off. All stuff you will learn at CSS.

Roger that. Yea, she's not exactly comfy. I'm definitely overweighting my hands/arms because my wrists hurt. Gave her a bit of gas on some nice sweeping well-paved curves last night. What a feeling. Not much holds a candle.

. Not much holds a candle.

Mebbe...mebbe not. :whistle:

IMG_0532.jpg

okay that beast is within realm of my statement. beauty.

I picked up a Yamaha FZ-6 for my wife before I left for deployment, has the heart of the R6 without the race-replica ergonomics. I only got to ride it once, but she really likes it. Plenty of power from a 600, 1000cc sport bikes are fun but can be too much at times. I guess there's really no such thing as too much!

So that's the R6 you where talking about. Nice bike! Take it to the track sometime. I lost count after a few years of racing the Gsxr 1k of how many times I've been to the tracks. Miller motorsports park was the best. My 1st podium. You should check out Chuckwalla. They encourage riders that want to get more comfy with their machine to ride the track. You can ride at your own pace. No pressure.

nice! Think Im going to Cal Superbike School in November at LV Motor Speedway to learn a thing or two about racing, cornering, etc. Then I might start taking her to the track. So scared to wreck her though. Maybe buy a beater? I don't know, we'll see how it plays out.

nice! Think Im going to Cal Superbike School in November at LV Motor Speedway to learn a thing or two about racing, cornering, etc. Then I might start taking her to the track. So scared to wreck her though. Maybe buy a beater? I don't know, we'll see how it plays out.

I really like LVMS. Especially clockwise. The right hander at the end of the back straight is high speed and fun! I had a grin every time I took that turn. Gets intense racing there but makes for some awesome memories!

Meatmord, I love the 6! I have an FZ-09 and I love the raw hooligan nature of the bike, but I sometimes wonder if I would have been better off with the surgical precision of a 6.

post-16019-0-49352400-1445034120_thumb.j

Sick. Love the FZ. There's always something to be desired. I want one of every bike made. Love my R6 though, so fun.