Going to do my usual loop at Otay. Starting around 9am. Semi technical, semi intermediate pace. Can deviate time and route to accustome others. If feeling froggy can extend ioop after. I just want to ride. Not looking for a huge group. Who wants to join?

I would like to do this loop . Maybe next sunday?

I would like to do this loop . Maybe next sunday?

sounds like an idea. ill let you know for sure later in the week.

Sounds like an adventure.

I shud be out there starting at pio pico campgrnd off the 94 hwy.

Early.

I live very close to Aquatica. I'd like to join in. I sent a pm. Thanks.

How are you getting up onto Otay from there?

Last few times it was posted in GREAT BIG LETTERS as private, etc.

Tunnel. Then up to otay truck trail. Hit a few side trails then to the special area. Twisted my knee and ankle today in Anza.....but im walking, sore, no swelling, so im still a go barring morning pain. 9 am amphitheatre entrance.

Sorry guys, not gonna make it. Knee and ankle not feeling too good.

Went out for A loop around otay valley this afternoon. Some LEO 4wd units around.No hassles for me staying on the main routes.fyi

Rick,

did you happen to stop and talk to those guys? Were they SD county sheriff off road enforcement team?

Rick,

did you happen to stop and talk to those guys? Were they SD county sheriff off road enforcement team?

If you can tell us what agency they are, I'll call and ask the big questions- I figure it's better to know in advance if one is going to break rules. Suggestions, really.

"Hello, Sheriff? Yes, I'm calling to know the off-road rules in Otay Valley. Yes. sure, my name is Conrad, Robert Conrad "

Rick,

I did not talk to them.I saw them from the street near La Media and Burch.I decided to go around and rode around on south side of the river .It was SD sheriff.

Great. It is probably better we find out about this sooner or later, before somebody gets ticketed or worse, a bike confiscated.

Thanks!

Would this be a good first ride with y'all or should I wait for a more beginner-friendly one? Just realized you guys were talking about yesterday

Goon,

that area is as about as beginner friendly as it gets. It's just that there are some signs and the legality of riding there is still questionable.

Stay tuned.