Strega

IDBDR - 2015 (Strega, Fakename, Fabless, CiD)

Looks like an awesome time truly beautiful

Where do I even start?! Roger, Paul, Chris & Curtis...epic! Great job on pics and write-up...thanks for sharing. Favorite parts...

1. Day1 - Julie Andrews? Really?! Ha! :lmaosmiley:

2. Day2 - "Dam good site for a photo." No pun intended there...Ha! :lmaosmiley:

3. Day3 - Curtis carried a spare fuel pump/fuel injector...HERO! :smile_anim:

4. Day4 - Comment on carrying a portable saw...what would you carry next time? :tired:

Great pics and write-up guys...thanks for sharing! Totally cool... :thumbsup_anim:

The pics don't disappoint, that's for sure.

Just a Great read !!!!!!!

Good read, Roger. Thanks for sharing this trip with us. There were probably 10 photos that could be considered for the front page.....Looking forward to the next chapter.

Great ride guys, it is most certainly one of the best feelings in the world to be wandering around in remote wilderness on your machine having each new corner bring anticipation of new wonders... y'all did it right! Sure is a lot of open country out there!!!!! Way to go - cheers

Mr. PMB certainly can shot Cowboys. Add to that the ability to kill small animals with two wheels and you have a modern day legend.

Great ride guys, it is most certainly one of the best feelings in the world to be wandering around in remote wilderness on your machine having each new corner bring anticipation of new wonders

Or, in Roger's case, a new Jeep Wagoneer.

You guys rock, wonderful write up and great photos. Loved the chandelier's in Yellow Pine. Glad you guys had a successful trip.

This is like a good novel, can't wait to to keep reading it. Awesome job on the photos.

Bowers- the photo of the 3 young cowboys is outstanding

the fact that you returned uninjured without bike issues is amazing

Bowers- the photo of the 3 young cowboys is outstanding

the fact that you returned uninjured without bike issues is amazing

POW!

Zing!

Great pics of the scenery! A lot of those could be used as screensavers....well, except the pant-less rider pic.

Every so often I get off my lazy ass and take pictures for fun.

I get paid to take pictures, so when traveling I tend to "not work". But as I get older, I'm like turning the years of experience into something I enjoy- I guess I'm becoming more and more of an amateur every day.
For this trip, I decided to encourage myself with a new toy- a Sony A6000 and a couple lenses. I've shot a LOT of cameras in my career, most of them film, large format, Hasselblads, then the parade of DSLRs beginning in about 2001. My small form factor cameras have always been Canon- the G series. Sony loaned my a NEX camera a few years ago and I liked it a lot, but the menus and controls were unfamiliar to me, so I didn't buy one.
But the quality of these mirrorless cameras is incredible, and I don't take my money-making tools out on the bike, so I wanted to try something different.
Biggest limitation of small form-factor cameras has been the wide angle capability, and finally Sony came out with a 10-22 for their E series- grabbed one of those and also the lens used here, a 50/f1.8 prime.
Nice camera, but honestly, these images could have been shot with just about anything.
Strega:
19254730130_bf967e1a37_b.jpg
Photo by: Paulmbowers
Fabless:
18821683393_f5c146f1f7_b.jpg
Paulmbowers
19446536811_c87289bbb5_b.jpg
Photo by: CoveredinDust
Chris:
18821683233_0debab0d5a_b.jpg

Well done gents, pleasure riding with you. Except that one time, at that one place. Lets not do that again.

Well done gents, pleasure riding with you. Except that one time, at that one place. Lets not do that again.

Well...that wasn't OUR fault.

Paulmbowers

Your Skill is quite evident. Transforming 4 regular guys into Roman generals, golly that is skill. Capturing The Four Ranch Hands, artistry. When my ship comes in, I will have you make a print for me.

Dave

Nice portraits Paul, you should have Photo Shopped Fabless' tank back together though.

Actually, that's why his image is a vertical.

He earned the bragging rights.