Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Some good lessons in here...........

First, thx to Dan Diego for posting this on FB. There have been some serious and not so serious injuries involving riders here. Most of the responses have been outstanding and a few, questionable at best. Talk with your riding group, prepare and be prepared.

http://www.atomic-moto.com/The-Hand-of-Fate_b_118.html

There's a very well prepared SDAR foursome pounding out over 2000 miles of mostly dirt right now. I don't know of a situation they can't handle but still some of us are on the "home" team in case there's a need. RiggerDan does this also, just in case. It could be as simple as "I'm chunking my tire off at an alarming rate and we're 600 miles from the truck" (great response by a rider in N AZ who literally drove 1 1/2 hours with a spare tire he had).

Anyway - this group has been fantastic at taking care of each other.

Good post, worth reading, and worth sharing. Thanks, Ken.

Ken that was a great post! That could of been me when I broke my ribs and tore my spleen, when Diego and I where doing the AZBDR. I do not want to bring myself into your post, both Deigo and I got out lucky even though my body took beating compared to this guy. The key thing is to stay calm and not move until you can assess your body. Diego gave me time to do that before I even tried to sand up or move. Wiggle my toes, move my legs, move my hands, then my neck and check for any tingling or weird sensation.