kkug

SDAR Summer Picnic and Pot Luck-- 8-22-15 Fiesta Island

I think many people won't confirm til last minute or will just show up...or, it will be a small turnout...I hope its the first case.

I was in for the original date but going to be out of town this weekend so can't make it. Next time.

I have an "event" for my daughter's school that evening. But I may swing by on the 950 at the beginning just to say Hi.

I will bring a 10x16 Gas grill with tank. No BIG BBQ grill here.

Just need to know where the setup point is and I will blow up a 6-8' Yellow Balloon tied to the ground (Not flying in the Air.)

yellow%20balloon.jpg

Mr jaja I plan on going out there around 10-11.i think the over the line side. I got a charcoal Nissan xterra with a small cargo trailer. I hope to spread my stuff out a bit then go on a bike ride. I hope to put out some type of sign. Does anyone want to come out early?

Who's got a good BBQ grille we can use...anyone ?

I could bring my 6' er that I use at the dash and a big cooler full of ice.

Wife and I are going. Randy called me. I got diced onions, diced tomatoes, Pico de gallo, sour cream, ect...

Also bringing 2 SUPs...Paddle Boards.

We'll be bringing a Pico De Gallo of home grown tomato's, Serrano peppers, Elephant Garlic, cilantro, onions and a couple bags of corn chips. We'll also have fresh tomato's for slicing, a squash and vegetable pan to cook on the grill and more squash if anyone wants it for Shish Kabobing. And we'll have a 10 'x 10' canopy to share.

Tracy....cool, we need the grille....thanks !

I'm in, with the big grill so don't think anyone else needs to bring one and a big cooler full of ice. What's the story on beer? Are we okay?

We don't promote alcohol consumption there since its not legal...if u do so, please don't mention here and do so at your own risk.

I will be there. For those who are going, will you be in a toyhauler, trailer, tent/ gazebo? I have never been down there. Where we will be stationed, can we launch jet skis from the beach?

We posted how to find us in previous posts....my White '98 Ford F150 with SDAR banner....Mr JaJa will have huge yellow balloon on the ground....Kug listed his truck earlier also.

Most likely on the OTL Tournament side.

Kug...what side is the OTL side ?

I am not to worried about finding you guys. I did not want to bring the toyhauler if that was overkill. I bought a larger pop up gazebo that we can hang the banner off of and supply some shade. I will be bringing along a kayak. I have a shower tent that I will bring so that the moto riders can change out of the moto gear and into more comfortable beach gear if they want to hang out for a while. I will bring a large cooler with some refreshments and some chips. Do we have some tables? I think arriving 10-11 will be too late as the place might fill up. In reading the rules it seems you can launch a pwc off most of the beach area so I am debating on bring one.

Kug what time do you plan on showing up?

Ive launched jetskis off the beach there no problems might need 4x4 cause it can be a little soft but never seen anyone get hassled.

I am not to worried about finding you guys. I did not want to bring the toyhauler if that was overkill. I bought a larger pop up gazebo that we can hang the banner off of and supply some shade. I will be bringing along a kayak. I have a shower tent that I will bring so that the moto riders can change out of the moto gear and into more comfortable beach gear if they want to hang out for a while. I will bring a large cooler with some refreshments and some chips. Do we have some tables? I think arriving 10-11 will be too late as the place might fill up. In reading the rules it seems you can launch a pwc off most of the beach area so I am debating on bring one.

Kug what time do you plan on showing up?

I was planing 10 - Ok the pressure is on me so 8-9-10 . I can go earlyer but did not want to sit around by my self till people show up at 2.

How about this I can go early but if others show up at 10-11 then I might go for a bicycle ride somewhere.

I can bring some tables .

I want to post a picture of Fiesta Island but having a hard time . The side where you are looking at the water to the west and see the little island with the marker on it . Big sand parking lot - flat -you know where ??

If you don,t I will try to get a picture up.

I am borrowing a few tables and some chairs from one of our big sponsors and supporters...SDBMW...thanks to Gary Orr and all at their shop !!

Everyone...try to bring your own chairs if you're not riding down.

Kug...if you get there real early like u said...I'll try to be there by 10.

Anyone heard from Carguy lately ? Called him but no return calls.

I am borrowing a few tables and some chairs from one of our big sponsors and supporters...SDBMW...thanks to Gary Orr and all at their shop !!

Randy I will try to get their early. I will try to put up some SDAR sign by my rig. Do you have a banner .

Everyone if for some reason their is some other event going on look at this website for any changes .

We also need some thrash cans and some fire wood. I got cut up pallet wood ( no nails ) Any one have real wood ? I can bring a can or two. I am bringing two fire pits to cook my corn

Everyone...try to bring your own chairs if you're not riding down.

Jim Hurkman from NCY wants to go ! He hopes to make it out after the shop closes .

Kugmeister...yes, I have a banner...I'll find you, don't think I can get it to u before Saturday.

I invited all our Desert Dash sponsors and club supporting shops...there may be a couple people showing up.

Also...I invited Tree's wife and family...but Tree's sister is getting married that day...Linda rely appreciated the invite.

I can't come later to event but I'll come by at like 930-10 and bring you some firewood. Enough for a couple pits