Good group, and lots of video running. Robertaccio, suspenders, really?seriously?, skeelo, stevepoway, jawhitmoyer, hydro and me

post-122-0-08766900-1434908996_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-66239800-1434909026_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-17803600-1434909038_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-22959800-1434909049_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-87988400-1434909064_thumb.jpg

early was really good. it was low 50s when I arrived--- it was 95 when I left....... note to all dress for heat (I stated that before), maybe a little cool in the early part, but its the season for rapid heat.

Jim assured me his jacket "is vented". I stopped wearing roost guards/flak jackets just because I would get so overheated...it was not too bad today, because the group kept moving....how was Ranger Robert? we did trail 4 both ways, 5, 11, 2 and 1, then took the road back to the van

early was really good. it was low 50s when I arrived--- it was 95 when I left....... note to all dress for heat (I stated that before), maybe a little cool in the early part, but its the season for rapid heat.

Yes ,hot at otay mountain by 9 am.Start early and dress for warm weather even if it is cold riding to start.

looks like u guys had fun.i wish i could have made it out there with u guys.bob realy want to ride out there with u guys to get and know that place a lot better.i know there is so much out there that i have not seen.i will try and get my people to hook up with ur peaople and we can have a good time laughing at each other maybe more laughing at me hahahah!!! see u out there soon.

Jim assured me his jacket "is vented". I stopped wearing roost guards/flak jackets just because I would get so overheated...it was not too bad today, because the group kept moving....how was Ranger Robert? we did trail 4 both ways, 5, 11, 2 and 1, then took the road back to the van

did R 1 way out lost my other 2 crew, thought I heard them but waited for a while at the road on the west end, refreshed and headed back. they were at that cross road spot. They had made the right up onto the road after the cross road spot then went back and headed west on the proper trail. Seems they had almost made t to the end of the trail (when I heard what I thought was them) then they turned back and waited at that cross road spot. We re-met there and called for a dirt road trip back it was getting hot, along with thinking about those silty dust bowl spots on the way back from the road crossing. We had no issues and all 3 of us went well. For the return we made the smart call due to heat more than any issues with the trail itself. Note: don't know if remarking is OK but it is easy to lose the "ribbon" maybe some new marker spray paint lines are needed so we don't scatter across the rock sections. I for one found some "unique" lines....

PPS not only vented gear--but light color vented gear, moose sahara, Fly vented, Klim(e) vented in light colors= more comfort=more fun=less fatigue=safer physical conditions, also a wet evap bandana or some sort of scarf around the neck (Home D has them) is a very effective cooler.

PS since we had some rain over winter that trail is more hacked with deep and steep holes and ruts, the fun factor/pucker factor/skill level factor has been raised.... the latest iteration of my suspension ZipTy Fork mods and WP factory services Trax shock is almost nirvana out there (it better be!!$$), just a few more clicker moves and I'm in a real happy spot.

It was a great group. Thanks Bikeslut for the introductions!

Bugged out early and did not get a chance to say adios.

Next time I will take you up on it Nantista and give your bike a test ride!

its very close now. one more fork update/tweek, and maybe some rear sag changes...I got 8mm into the spring now maybe set er at 10mm preload for just a little more push, i dont think i will see less then 105 race sag but as long as it works says may be- i'll run it!! As it heated up carburation is not quite as clean as first thing in the AM ts alittle fat off the bottom as the heat come on, she gets less electric and a little burbly.

Seems half the fun for you, being the engineer that you are, is making it "that good". Good on ya Robert!

Next service is on me for not nailing your first re-do on the 4cs.

Again, thanks again for making first ride with the group so great. Bikeslut was an excellent host, and a special thanks to Robertacio for riding my bike up that hill.

Here's some footage from the ride. I think everyone appears at least once. http://youtu.be/ojzil1fVCyI

Jim- thanks for taking the video, and all the time for editing it...my favorite segment? "how's that jacket?"...."HOT"

wow nice video . i recognize those trails. you guys kept a good pace..

Yep- I was very please a group this big had no major issues- everybody organized by pace very well (other than the guide). No mechanicals, no flats...good ride and good spacing. dust was pretty bad, so spacing kind of self-regulated

nice viddy, and Jim you're welcome , don't mention it, group ride means group assists if needed. PS you can still maintain impact protection with your safety gear while wearing lighter weight/color outer wear.

S101 sure thing, we will talk off line she needs one more mod round up north asap, so probably around fall season timeframe for a service.

Again, thanks again for making first ride with the group so great. Bikeslut was an excellent host, and a special thanks to Robertacio for riding my bike up that hill.

Here's some footage from the ride. I think everyone appears at least once. http://youtu.be/ojzil1fVCyI

Nice Viddy...looks like you guys had a great time! :smile_anim:

Jim- thanks for taking the video, and all the time for editing it...my favorite segment? "how's that jacket?"...."HOT"