The buddy requesting info on riding gear now has the bug bad, he has found an husky 06 te450 for $4500. locally any info on this year? It is supposedly street legal and only has 1000 miles. Input?

Thanks,

Unc C

He will be watching this post and is trying to register as Deltadude

The engine on it should be very reliable. Same engine as my 07. 4500 seems a bit high, but maybe it's in very good shape with really low miles. These MV Agusta built engines are made to last and make lots of horsepower, but they aren't very torquey down low. I still like mine except for the most technical. gnarly stuff. When I finally have my engine rebuilt, I'll send it up to Ziptie Racing and have them do some mods to make the machine produce more pulling power down low.

KTM now owns Husky, and their has been parts shortages for that brand. Just something to think about going forward. That's a pretty high price, unless it's as dirt dame say's, very good shape with really low miles.

It has 1000 miles...that's basically new. what is list? $7000...I don't think it's a bad price..."what the market will bear"

Good bikes but too high. I checked NPR whish is the dealer wholesale auction site and they have no sales of this year/model bike but list wholesale book at $1450, obviously not a real world price. I bought 09 Te510 with 300 miles on it 3 years ago there for $3800. It was perfect as new condition.

Update, I talked to the owner. The story is he and his wife bought a pair new (a TE510 and a TE450) and tried riding as a couple for 700 miles. They fell off a couple of times and gave up as this was not "sport for them", the bikes are a matched set and are all original. He is selling them because his wife says the years are ticking by and they will never ride again. I agree the price is to high, kind of cool to find "new" decade old bikes.

Thanks for the learned comments.

Charlie

Haha, yup NPA.

I sold my 510 after a few rides, bike was great EXCEPT it vibrated too much on the road. The solution is to install the SM counter balancer but that meant an engine tear down on a new bike. I am told the 450 does not have vibration issues.

I'm seeing a bunch of DR350s on CL for $2400 +...i'm still not seeing that $4500 is that high. If I wasn't going to get a KTM500 in the next few days......

Hey vacman I tried but he says the transport is an issue, 550 miles, I will try again it could be a better bike depending on $. Bikeslut on a KTM! oh my god, he said he was slow on the DRZ now it will just be an orange blur off into the distance :)

Black...bowers said I could have his 500 if he dies soon...I know people....;-) ....

I have a 450, not sure how much the 510 vibrates but my bike is buzzy. I have gotten used to it, but if I let someone else ride it they always mention it. Good reliable machine but I am getting concerned with parts availability. I will hopefully get a few more years from mine and then move on to something that is still being supported.

I wouldn't pay $4500 unless it was brand new in the crate. Even then I'd have to think about it.

4k+ for this bike is..well..nonsense. You can test the theory by posting an ad on CL for $4500 and gauge the response, sounds wrong to do but don't worry no one will call except a tattoo artist :)

I'd put value at $3,200 - $3,400 tops but you'd better have some patience if trying to sell one.

Haha, yup NPA.

I sold my 510 after a few rides, bike was great EXCEPT it vibrated too much on the road. The solution is to install the SM counter balancer but that meant an engine tear down on a new bike. I am told the 450 does not have vibration issues.

They all vibe and are buzzy unless they have the C/B shaft assy installed, we did it on my 08 TXC450 and it is a whole new bike...why they decided to not use it on all the 450/510 models is beyond my belief. They would gotten way better reviews if all the models were equipped with the C/B shafts. Plus I swear at least on my TXC450 it actually revved faster with the C/B assy than with the OEM flywheel weight disc.

FYI note the ex-Italian Husky Varese plant has been reopened under iconic SWM banner and bikes are 04-10 model Twin cammers with the newer perimeter chassis style (think 250/310 and 450/510 engines of the older variety in the newer chassis 08-10 style).

The designer of the older twin cam Huskys is intellectual property owner and now CEO of those models and with Chinese financing has a model line ready for for the 2016 model year. So that said if this "new" company makes it those older twin cammers should have compatible parts support for the coming years from SWM.

http://www.swm-motorcycles.it/

PS I would select the 08 and newer model twin cammer Husky because of the newer chassis. I owned an 04 TC450 and 06 TE450(DS), my 08 TXC450 semi perimeter was much better/bars above the older style chassis.

The buddy requesting info on riding gear now has the bug bad, he has found an husky 06 te450 for $4500. locally any info on this year? It is supposedly street legal and only has 1000 miles. Input?

Thanks,

Unc C

He will be watching this post and is trying to register as Deltadude

If these bikes are in Escondido I may know the owners.........they just cruise around in their RZR now.....