350thumper

Sun June/28 -Noob- Eagles Peak Run

Noob DualSport Ride....beginner freindly

Not a Big Bike ride. i will be on a 600 husky

80% dirt 20% street. Must have a plated motorcycle

The ride Starts @ 8:15 Tavern Rd Carls Jr in Alpine .

Beginner level speeds no rough terrain

Smooth dirt roads , slow pace.

Trying to organize an informal ride with people to ride with.

Be Packing water , im carrying some primitive tools.

There is a gas station on the route.

Viejas Grade- Boulder Creek -Eagles Peak- Beginner Adventure Riders Welcome

post-15687-0-85751100-1434252732.jpg

Sorry, I will work on the bike to make it more durable.

post-15687-0-45376600-1434637236.jpg

i havent been on this route for almost a year , its normally closed for " maintenance" during rainy months. most of the route is very calm and smooth but this section i havent seen in a while.

the route takes us just under Julian . (its basically the ride to julian). lots of views and scenery .

parts of this ride are green sticker legal but the ride does require a liscence plate .

if the group decides to re fuel / lunch , in julian, im ok with that .

On this ride i hope everyone wears there fullest protective gear . especially On Any Sunday.

This chance to stretch your legs on a motorcycle , will slowly trickle down from Eagles Peak traversing the dirt backroads into Alpine.

ending @ Tapitios Mex food place (next door to Alpine brewery).

How many miles will this ride be? Do you have gps tracks for the ride?

As a Steward of the Cleveland National Forest this routes tracks have been archived and stored for future generations .

The man that showed me how to explore the beauty of Creation in San Diego via DualSport (pictured above) instilled in me how to preserve it .

i do that by not divulging the exact where abouts of certain SDAR approved forest routes in main stream (plus im technologically deficient).

i can lead you through the forest though, so you can store it and have it to show your kids ,or other responsible riders, in order to hand down to them what I am offering to give to you.

if you need to know the gas miles just calculate the mileage to julian from alpine and back because theres gas at both locations. .

time wise give yourself about 4 hours.

theres also a bonus trail (group option) hidden in this ride south due east of Eagle Peak pm for details

trust me buy a set of knee pads first time I have hit my knee riding in a long time. trying to get a set we'll see what happens. I should be making this ride hopefully to bring along two other people. If you need me to leave or I'd sleep or whatever let me know. Hope I have knee pads by then lol they are also known as San Francisco slippers haaaa

If I sign a waiver can I bring my big bike ;) haha I missed the one on the 14th :(

I have radio on the bike so can assist with group herding.

Big bikes are fine with me guys!

No bike restrictions except for must be plated (On Any Sunday).

I love big bikes . This ride is even easier than the last ride.

If anyone is riding for their first time on a big bike, welcome . You shud be fine.

I only say its not a big bike ride so you guys feel like yur getting away with something... :)

I only say its not a big bike ride so you guys feel like yur getting away with something... :)

It's like a "dare"... downs... I DARE you to ride your V strom on this route

truth is; this route is much easier than the stuff you've already ridden in Otay

Alright sounds good haha. See ya'll on Sunday for sure maybe I can drag Stoke along as well.

these back roads are nice and cool, with flowing pace .

there will be a creek we run thru , my son got me a new go pro for Fathers Day .trying to get it mounted to my helmet or chest by then,....

any body know if its better to mount it on the roost delector ?

Mine is on my chest protector, I like the fact that it doesn't move around alot but helmet mounted is nice cause you're recording everywhere you turn and look.

That's why I wear mine on my helmet...I can keep it centered on the subject; sometimes the rider I'm following, sometimes the scenery off to the side, sometimes the skunk that just got hit. one problem with helmet top mount is branches smacking it around. Another view I really liked until it popped off was rear fender facing back with a rider right behind. It REALLY shows elevation change and highlights twisty parts

On the helmet I have now the only mounting option is along the side but it takes more pieces to mount it. Mailman dropped off a new helmet today, so hopefully I can top mount it for that centered subject effect.

do less branches hit the camera if mounted on the side of the helmet?

Yes...the GoPro sits really high on the helmet. I get surprised all the time....duck my head under a branch and it still tries to tear my helmet off

Sounds like fun. I'm in. I need to download all the videos from your last run still. I'll have a few gopro's going again.