karlaeda

Metal fabrication shop recommendation

I need my 950 luggage rack straightened out...does anybody know a shop that can do this work?

Post a pic or two and I'll see what I can do.

Multiple axis bends - the whole left side went from proper rectangular shape to god knows what.

IMG_0398_zpsxvoacwpy.jpg

IMG_0397_zpswdlno1cp.jpg

IMG_0396_zpspxsajjqi.jpg

Ouch where's the pics of where it got the damage from

Ouch where's the pics of where it got the damage from

It's really nothing exciting. I was very surprised to see the racks bent this much. They must have absorbed all th impact as the bike has no other damage.

Just a suggestion- leave them off and go with soft, rackless bags.

Rob North in National City...great work, but not the quickest.

Just a suggestion- leave them off and go with soft, rackless bags.

Thought about it, but had the hard bags still.

I do recall your comment awhile ago about offroading with hard bags though. Will see if these are repairable, if not then I will likely go that route.

Thanks, Randy - I'll check it out.

ktmrad do u know rob north? a good friend of mine has known him for years.the guy does some of the best work i have ever seen!!

i took my crankshaft down there with my friend to press the crank apart and together.If u need any thing from rob let me know i can see if he could get a discount or maybe get it to the front of the line a LITTLE quicker.if u need any think else check this guy out. He builds rob north tripples look him up he has bilt some of the worlds fastest land speed bikes.he can build any thing u can think of and then some.

Best in the biz is Chuck at Metaltek Racing in El Cajon. He's done work for several pro supercross teams like red bull KTM, etc. and several of my friends. I cased a triple jump at the old El Cajon MX track and badly bent the subframe of my YZ 400. Chuck got it back to perfection at very little cost. Super nice guy and very friendly. well respected by the best in the business. (However, hope that means his prices are still low!)

http://www.metaltekracing.com

From his website...

ABOUT

Metalteks history is strong from past to present. Having worked with some of the fastest mini riders of their time including Kehoe, Bradshaw, Johnson, Lechien and more, Metaltek has experienced the cutting edge of factory technology. Today, Metaltek continues this valuable factory involvement working with Kawasaki Team Green, Moto XXX, Mach 1 and Red Bull KTM. This involvement helps Metaltek further its expertise in design and performance.

Our goal is simple: produce the fastest, highest quality, best performing parts in the industry.