I'm not looking for a big tire discussion, I just want to know if anyone has run a 606 on a 950 or 990 and what the results were. I'm heading out soon on a ride that should cover almost 2000 miles and I have a brand new 606 sitting in the garage that I was thinking about putting on my 950 SE. Most of the miles will be easy dirt roads. With hopefully less than 10% of the miles on pavement. I don't want to have to change tires on the ride so I need whatever I put on to last. I have heard the the 950/990's can tear knobs off the 606 but I'm not sure if this is on the street or on the dirt.

CiD

950SE + 2000 Miles + CID = Good Luck!

What does that Rigger friend of ours say? Or Mr. K-Kug for that matter. I am tempted to recommend one of those Intermediate types that come stock on the bike, with your favorite up front. Your won't be in any sand washes, will you? Recommend taking your impressive tire changing tool.

088_zpsx5nhpb8a.jpg

That 606 will be a great tire, but you'll need to swap it out after 2k miles.

You'll be glad you had it while you're riding, though.

Never ran the 606 on the SE but the Motoz Desert Tractionator will easily go the distance.

606 on the front of the 950ADV, TKC in the back. For me traction & wear best combo. Distance ver traction ver riding style. jmho.

Run it and hope for the best.

I have the Pirelli MT 90/AT on my 990 like the 990 pictured above...really good road tire and wears well...However, it is a moderate performer on anything more than a fire road. It is all over the place in dirt, breaks loose during acceleration, and slides out during braking. Going with Arnie's tire once they wear out. I would not recommend on a 90% dirt ride.

post-15604-0-24350800-1433655457.jpg

Is it a 130? Kinda small for the big monster. I doubt you'll make 2k unless you don't ride like you... My old DRZ went through a 120 in 1.5k.

Yup i pushed 2200 miles on a d606 rear on a drz about 50/50 street to dirt and took off with about 20% tread left cause of a big ride. I doubt with the lc8 ull get 1500

Run it and hope for the best.

+1

I've had a new rear / 606 sitting in the garage for a couple years now, wondering the same thing?

Thinking of selling it for cheap, assuming I would never put it on due to my lack of throttle control

curious to hear the results if you run it...?

Have fun CID

I've ordered a Tractionator, if it comes in in time I'll put it on if not the 606 will get the test.

CiD

Did u order the 140 size I had a little trouble getting it seems to be back ordered for a couple weeks. Gp motorcycles said they can get it within a week I ordered last Thursday so well see if it get here this week. Everyone else said 2-3 weeks

Rocky Mountain said they would have them in on the 10th. So with free 3 day shipping that is what I ordered. Yes, a 140/80/18.

CiD

Rocky Mountain says my tire has shipped!

Product Description Part # Price Quantity Sub Total These Items Have Shipped from our PAYSON, UT warehouse. 140/80x18 Motoz Tractionator Desert H/T
$107.88
$107.88 Subtotal: $107.88 Tax: $0.00 Shipping: $Free! Disposal: $0.00 Gift Wrapping: $0.00 Payment: $107.88 (PAYPAL) Total: $107.88

CiD

Great. Now what kind of oil?

I typically run extra virgin

Monounsaturated here...