Crawdaddy

Long days = Two'fer Tuesdays (two wheels, two trails, two brews, one sunset)

On 5/11/2016 at 6:44 AM, Dress4Less said:

IMG_1333_zpsv3jsw7zs.jpg

Slowly catching up on this thread.  Dress4Less, which Squadron did you purchase for the WR450?  Did you install a Trail Tech stator or do the Baja Designs stator rewind/rectifier mod or do a Cyclops inline AC-->DC conversion at the headlight

Hard to tell from that picture but if you're running rubber fork straps to hold up the light and have any issues with the not being able to adjust the light, you can opt for the hose clamp style fork mount they have.  I've had to use the hose clamp version on my WR to get the headlight pointed correctly. 

Once I get a dimmer for my Squadron (or just use a SII as my low beam) and fix my rear brakelight, it'd be fun to make one of these rides.  

Hey Goofy, aka: Tim! It's the smaller of the two Sqaudrons. I don't know the answer on the stator...I dropped it off at NCY and said, "Make it work!" There is no dimmer switch though :unsure:. As far as the rubber fork straps and light adjustment, what I did is I drilled a "curved slot" (kind of banana shaped) in each side of the plastic light mount that allows me to adjust the angle of the light up or down. Seems to work ok. ;)

Let me know if you're up for a Two'fer Tuesday Sunset ride and we'll get up there...maybe even talk Crawdaddy into it... 

I would like to join you guys next time.  Instead of Ramona, maybe I could meetup at Lake Henshaw (76&79).  I would be coming from Fallbrook.

Glad to see you guys got out for a "twofer". My Tuesday's have been a bust for riding lately. Hope to make it out for the next one.

19 hours ago, Schweddy Balls said:

Hey guys, 

Been off the forum for a while due to injuries.   Are folks still doing the 2fer?  Looks like no activity since June?

I won't be out there tonight but definitely plan on making a few runs between now and the time change at the end of Oct......

November 1st last Tuesday before daylight savings time.

Ill be there for redemption ride on my 950se see ya there 

11 hours ago, Bp619 said:

November 1st last Tuesday before daylight savings time.

Ill be there for redemption ride on my 950se see ya there 

I'll plan on making it. Erik??? Chris??? Others???

The video a little ways back makes me think this could be big bike friendly.  But you know how vids can be deceiving.

Would the big bike be a bad idea?  If it helps, it's also my dual sport, and my minibike.  Sometimes it's a car too.

Yes, some folks have taken big bikes(eg. 950 or 1100). This is mostly a fire trail with potholes from rain.  Avoid the potholes and you should be good (but every rider has his own limits).

Have fun fellas, look up and you'll see me on a plane.  Can't make it this time.  

1 hour ago, Zubb said:

The video a little ways back makes me think this could be big bike friendly.  But you know how vids can be deceiving.

Would the big bike be a bad idea?  If it helps, it's also my dual sport, and my minibike.  Sometimes it's a car too.

Definitely big bike friendly.

2 hours ago, Zubb said:

Yup big bike doable with minimal skill 

Ill be on my big bike ktm 950 leaving from la mesa either direct to ramona via 67 if rushed or take the scenic dual sport way if can leave early

ok, are we talking about tomorrow, or the following Tuesday?

36 minutes ago, Zubb said:

ok, are we talking about tomorrow, or the following Tuesday?

November 1st

Ramona was HAMMERED tonight with a massive thundershower.  It was quite a spectacle.  I can't make this ride tomorrow but somebody might want to call the Ranger station to see if the gates are closed (most likely closed).

Was just up there this past Friday night. Without a doubt big bike friendly. They just graded all the way to the top.  Now it's only dusty. But still a blast.

Bill

IMG_1266.JPG

I'm in for Nov1.

Just need someone to confirm time and place. I have no idea...

I'll come roaring up on the beastly 1150gs.  She's at least as loud as my mothers old sewing machine.

7 minutes ago, Zubb said:

I'm in for Nov1.

Just need someone to confirm time and place. I have no idea...

I'll come roaring up on the beastly 1150gs.  She's at least as loud as my mothers old sewing machine.

Packards coffee shop,  680 Main St, Ramona, 92065  at 5pm (sunset at 5:55pm) should give us enough time what you think local guys. That way will give the gs guys enough time to get ready we know how you like to lag especially while at a coffee shop.

Careful now or you could end up with a soy mocha latte in your gas tank.  Then your bike would start to grow a beard, get fork sleeve tattoos, and run on gluten free gasoline.  Then you'd never be able to keep up.  Your bike would shun 'group think' and only idle quietly down side trails while your buddies roared down fire roads.  The tranny would lock itself firmly and permanently into first gear and the clutch will disappear.  You will be 'different' as you smugly ride your brakeless 9fiddy-fixey onto sidewalks and lean it against parking meters.You might even feel the urge to buy a messenger bag and turn your sidecases into a coffee table.  

I'll meet you in the hood and ride up with you if you want.  Sounds like a great Tuesday tradition.