Its a ways off, but they are evolving into a new format for 2015, the sprint enduro format. multi loops on the clock. From LAMC----

TECATE SPRINT ENDURO is coming to Baja on December 5, 2015. The annual Los Ancianos race this year will be a fun new format for all off roaders.
What is it?
"World Enduro-style special test racing on fun, flowing grass track and wide, groomed trails. No time keeping, no transfer sections, just wide open racing".
This is the generic description, but of course our event will have a few added features to give it that special Baja and Los Ancianos feeling. Basically each rider will be racing against the clock, sort of like the Baja 500, except you will be on a short loop one rider starting every minute or so. Multiple loops with a break in between so you can race all out, rest and recover, then race the next loop. Lots of details need to be worked out, but the Ancianos are excited about this new format which should be more fun for racers and spectators.
Google it to see what they are doing back east in the U.S. And in Europe with this format.

Thanks for the head's up!

FULL GAS SPRINT ENDURO is coming to Baja on December 5, 2015.
· Hotel Santa Veronica is almost sold out. If you want to reserve a room, call Joan Ellis at 619-423-3830 NOW, do not wait.
· Stay posted as the Club is deciding its final touches to the event this week. We will be disclosing further details at the top of this list soon.
· For faster news updates, join the Facebook Los Ancianos Discussion Group. For only the most important notifications, like the Facebook Los Ancianos Notification Page.
· The annual Los Ancianos race this year will be a fun new format for all off roaders.
· What is it?
· "World Enduro-style special test racing on fun, flowing grass track and wide, groomed trails. No time keeping, no transfer sections, just wide open racing".
· This is the generic description, but of course our event will have a few added features to give it that special Baja and Los Ancianos feeling. Basically each rider will be racing against the clock, sort of like the Baja 500, except you will be on a short loop one rider starting every minute or so. Multiple loops with a break in between so you can race all out, rest and recover, then race the next loop. Lots of details need to be worked out, but the Ancianos are excited about this new format which should be more fun for racers and spectators. · Google it to see what they are doing back east in the U.S. and in Europe with this format.

Here is the final disposition--- the 3 pdfs for Info and sign up. This is a great event and this format is very friendly to all skill levels , the trail system alone is worth the entry.

2015 SPRINT ENDURO FAQs 10-7-15.-c (1).pdf

LAMC 2015 Enduro waiver page 2.pdf

LAMC 2015 Sprint Enduro.pdf

getting word of SDAR participation among the inmates!! very cool, glad to see at least 2 returning to Tecate from last years event ( even the score my friends!!)

Remember as for me I'm only at 50% finisher rate for Tecate enduros 94 1 hour out/DNF , 97 1 throw in the towel due to fatigue/DNF, and 2 finishes 10 and 14.

getting word of SDAR participation among the inmates!! very cool, glad to see at least 2 returning to Tecate from last years event ( even the score my friends!!)

Remember as for me I'm only at 50% finisher rate for Tecate enduros 94 1 hour out/DNF , 97 1 throw in the towel due to fatigue/DNF, and 2 finishes 10 and 14.

Getting ready to sign up! This year is supposed to be a bit more tame, ya?

tame being that will not have long mega tight time schedule transfer sections.......2014 was long total miles, long tight time transfers to stay on your minute, then very long special tests to lose time all on a tight time schedule. 2010 was easier in my opinion.

this year will be 3 separate loops that are special tests all set around the base camp/pits, so everytime you leave into a loop you will clocked in and clocked out(special test). when you are out you are back at the pits, to break, eat, drink, fuel etc etc then you go back out and do another special test. There will be six special tests for the day. should not be more than 60 miles total.

Tame??? Im sure we will be tested with some "sporting" sections LAMC is never a walk through the woods trail ride, there will be some hardcore sections to deal with Im sure. But they have mentioned it will be doable for all, not just "erzberg" finishers!!

Lowest time on the 6 tests combined wins the event. simple easier logistics for riders and club. very small tank compatible and tips the scale in favor of short course MX/ sprint fast guys (not me). The long grueling things are better for me I'm the tortoise... the hares will do good in this event

Blake, be sure to be looking good for the camera at pre race sign in. They may make you a regular on the official event video. I will need to prepare for my interview a little better.

new info is posted on LAMC FB page

Each entrant will be given a set of 6 "key" start times, two for each course, and the entrant's "key" time will begin the elapsed time for that pass, whether the entrant is there to start on time or not. There will be 20-30 minutes breaks factored in between the estimated finish time of each pass and the key time for the next Course start. There are no "Teams" but if you want to ride with your buddies, and you are all in the same class, send your entries in together and we will do our best to accommodate.

Rider entries still open for the Tecate Sprint Enduro! As of last Saturday there are 45 entries remaining. Please send your entry forms in soon.
Mexican riders can email a copy of their entry form to kenthssd@gmail.com and use Pay Pal to pay their entry fee. US entrants can use regular snail mail or the email method listed above.

Rider entries still open for the Tecate Sprint Enduro! As of last Saturday there are 45 entries remaining. Please send your entry forms in soon.

Mexican riders can email a copy of their entry form to kenthssd@gmail.com and use Pay Pal to pay their entry fee. US entrants can use regular snail mail or the email method listed above.

Slightly vague but what I got from their Facebook page was to email copy of the entry form to kenthssd@gmail.com but send paypal to: losancianosmc@gmail.com

I mailed everything in today (snail mail). check payable to: Los Ancianos MC

Some details from the course crew:
1. Each entrant will be given a set of 6 "key" start times, two for each course, and the entrant's "key" time will begin the elapsed time for that pass, whether the entrant is there to start on time or not. There will be 20-30 minutes breaks factored in between the estimated finish time of each pass and the key time for the next Course start.
2. The focus is to make the trails fun and flowing. Ride each section as fast as you can, take a short break, work on your bike, talk with your buddies then go out on your next section!
3. Three courses, approximately 5.5, 7.5, and 8.5 miles. Ride each course twice. 6 loops total. Breaks in between (if you don't screw up). Not super technical. Best be on time for each of your 6 "key" time starts 'cause your timing and scoring begins then whether you are there or not!
4. Key times will be posted at the race. Check your number and get your 6 key times! This is CRITICAL! ‪#‎clubnews‬

Entered. I am 50 now.

I am trying to figure out logistics. Leaving Friday. The border crossing Saturday night last time took over 3 hours, I would like to avoid doing that again. I will be sleeping in my van unless someone has some other accommodations to offer up.

Entered. I am 50 now.

I am trying to figure out logistics. Leaving Friday. The border crossing Saturday night last time took over 3 hours, I would like to avoid doing that again. I will be sleeping in my van unless someone has some other accommodations to offer up.

Dang it.....another guy in the 50 class that is faster then me!!! Glad to hear you are in Matt, So you can find us- I will have my ford explorer sport trac white, Cyril will have his brown VW camper, Tim will have his Sportsmobile Tan we are all going on Fri and setting a pit/campsite. keep in touch for time schedule. Tim usually leaves early, me Im more early afternoon time frame. My bike will be in GNCC mode no enduro stuff (no lites) except a watch.

Entered. I am 50 now.

Dang it.....another guy in the 50 class that is faster then me!!! Glad to hear you are in Matt, So you can find us- I will have my ford explorer sport trac white, Cyril will have his brown VW camper, Tim will have his Sportsmobile Tan we are all going on Fri and setting a pit/campsite. keep in touch for time schedule. Tim usually leaves early, me Im more early afternoon time frame. My bike will be in GNCC mode no enduro stuff (no lites) except a watch.

Planning on heading down Friday late morning as well and heading home for family duty Saturday night. Ty and I are likely carpooling. We'll either be in the Veys van or my off white F150. Seth is in as well, last he said, he was looking to do both nights.... Seth what say ye?

we will arrive fri afternoon see ya all there

2 3strokes getting prepped for action 4x new mousses. among other stuff, for me BNG and plastics, new chain sprockets and chain guide, new obie link guard etc etc

Nates 9s in back

post-5813-0-45409600-1448748678_thumb.jp

race will be in Neji valley south of RSV on the east side of the compadre road where the military checkpoint has been before, its the valley before heading up the hill to compadre ranch area. so if anyone is out and about this race will be somewhat spectator friendly. LAMC will have signs all over the place

Do they normally do a dinner on Friday and/or Sat night?

I'll be leaving SD around 10am if anyone wants to carpool. I am going to bring my mountain bike and pedal around some of the courses.

not at the race, BYOF/ BYOB, suggestion.....a big container of pasta for night before, and a couple of subway sandwiches in the cooler. and of course drinks